This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

My goal - Brace Yourself!

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

My goal - Brace Yourself!

Postby klwalker » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:06 am

Hello to all the Self-Starters out there! I would love to share my goal with you, but let me tell you something first.

Now I know this goal will not hold any importance with you unless it applies to you in some way. Some kind of information that you could gain from this goal.

Now I have some good news about this goal. This is because you, yes you, can be a part of it.

You see, my goal is to create a thriving internet marketing business that everyone can benefit from. But the problem is that not everyone will benefit from this.

This is because not everyone has the mindset that they can accomplish anything that they want to. They don't have the burning passion to go for that goal and accomplish it no matter what.

For those who do have this mindset, they know that they can succeed and they never give up. These are the kinds of people that will be a part of my goal in the future.

This goal is what I would like to call a work in progress. Anyone who wants to be a part of this goal is welcome.

I do have one short term goal, and that's to generate enough revenue to get my own house.

Keep digging, everyone. I know that you will find that treasure!

:D

Kyle
klwalker

Postby Al Smith » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:13 am

Hi Kyle,

You see, my goal is to create a thriving internet marketing business that everyone can benefit from.

That's a great goal to aspire to . . .

However as far as goals go, I'm hoping that you have fleshed it out further in more detail.

Thanks for having the courage to put it out there. Looking forward to following your progress.
Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby chastill » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:07 am

Man is a goal seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals.

Aristotle
chastill

Postby Publisher-For-You » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:16 pm

chastill wrote:Man is a goal seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals.

This could be a great jumping off point. Anybody want to jump?

What is a goal? Literally, what is it?

A thought. A concept in our heads.

Usually a goal is established in reference to the past. Last year I made X, next year I hope to make Y.

What is the past? Literally, what is it?

A thought. A concept in our heads.

This is the human situation, the vast majority of time, our attention, our consciousness, our actual experience of life, is an experience of thought.

Thought is image, symbol, a reference, NOT the real thing.

A picture of an apple is not an apple. Lynn's photo on this forum, is NOT Lynn.

Because we spend almost all of our time focused on mental images, instead of reality (which only happens right now) a hunger, an emptiness lies just underneath the surface for us, just as it would if we were eating pictures of food, instead of real food.

It's this hunger, this vague rarely examined emptiness, which drives most of consumer culture buying and selling.

Have you noticed that goals never get the job done? No matter how many goals we set and reach, the urge for new goals is always there.

Are goals (ie. thoughts) the solution, or the problem?

Many thousands of people the world over, and throughout history, since the days of Aristotle, have spent their entire lives on these questions.
Publisher-For-You

Goals

Postby chastill » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:32 pm

What would you say to a goalie on a hockey team about Goals?
chastill

A goal is a dream with a deadline

Postby mitchpowell » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am

I'm reminded of Kevin Hogan's excellent article, in which he rebukes goals.

In it, he starts with a bit of a shocker:

It's always been tempting to write a book about the stupid things people say and the stupider things people believe.

Here's one of my favorites...

"A goal is a dream with a deadline."

He goes on to say that a dream with a deadline is almost a guaranteed recipe for failure, making the point that ACTION trumps goalsetting:

KEYPOINT: If all you needed was a goal and a time stamp, life would be sooooooooo breezy easy that we'd just "attract" everything we wanted effortlessly into our driveway....

It's a great article. If you're one of the people who adheres blindly to the Law of Attraction, this might open your eyes a little.

Mitch
mitchpowell

Postby shortstack » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:10 am

So, how's it going Kyle? Any updates?

:) Lisa
shortstack
Elite Member

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement