[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - TAGR Study Group - Getting Started - Forward and Preface • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

TAGR Study Group - Getting Started - Forward and Preface

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

TAGR Study Group - Getting Started - Forward and Preface

Postby queenofkaos » Fri May 30, 2008 3:30 pm

To get the most from the Think and Grow Rich book, please join us in a weekly study, chapter by chapter.

To save paper, ink and shelf space, instead of printing the book, I've started a notebook that I am going to use to record quotes, my take aways, insights and AHA moments in and exactly how I would like to use them to take action from the book.

I find this works for me because the act of writing things down helps me to retain things and I can see at a glance exactly what interests and inspires me.

I've put the book on a flash drive so I can read it on my laptop when ever or where ever I want. I have the CD too, it's nice to be able to pop it in to make doing dishes or what ever more interesting and to really ingest the lessons in each chapter.

I may decide to print it later, or to print especially inspiring portions of the book.

Or you may find that printing it and highlighting, making notes works best for you.

The main idea is to find the method that will keep you going and to integrate the ideas from the book into your life - to use it.

If you have any suggestions or would like to tell us what works for you, please post them here so that we can all benefit.

I'd like to do a chapter weekly to keep the momentum going.

We can also go at our own pace, although committing and working through it as a group generally keeps increases motivation and success in seeing it through and getting full benefit.

The forum topics will be open at all times as we go along, just be sure to make it a habit to read and make your notes and ACTIONS on a regular schedule, what ever it may be and to share with the group, it's amazing how giving and receiving support and discussion can increase our success.

For each chapter it would be interesting to discuss our biggest take aways and interpretations of the main topic of the chapter as well as the actions that we will be focusing on or the changes that we experience from the lessons in the chapter over the coming weeks.

You can get the link to download the ebook and see the general discussion here

We'll start with the forward and preface. I think this is one of the few books that I've seen true value in before even beginning the book!

I'm really looking forward to looking at Think and Grow Rich in more depth and more importantly - using it.

I hope that you are too!
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:22 pm

Here are the main parts of the intro that interested me and how I relate to them.

- Can't count the number of times he became broke and penniless following a highly successful venture gone sour. Illustrated incredible resilience and persistence.

I found it comforting to know both because it made success somehow seem more attainable despite setbacks and failures, and because it showed the power of perseverance.

- It's about a better way to live a rich life.

Somehow, it seems to bring home to me the riches that I already have. That can only be a positive thing to provide a strong foundation for future success.

- A real student will absorb the contents and make them his own.

This is a key point. I find that anything I take an inner knowing to that's almost beyond putting to words, seems to take on a life of it's own as it becomes a part of and extension of me.

The best way that I find to do this is repetition. I've read and listened to the intro etc quite a few times over the past week! It allows us to bypass the thinking step so actions come more by second nature, this I think is part of the key that he speaks of later in the book (creative process).

- (studying and applying this book will...) enable one to organize and apply the knowledge acquired (through school and learning) AND convert it into useful service and adequate compensation without waste of time.

Another key to success that I am looking forward to learning.

- Riches cannot always be measured in money - introspective harmony which brings one peace of mind measurable only in spiritual value.

This is something that I had been focusing on before starting to read TAGR.

It has strengthened what I had already been finding as well - setting goals that I truly desire, keeping them in my focus and working on them steadily really gives me inner harmony and truly makes me feel rich and capable of more. For me, this inner harmony is the foundation that makes everything else worthwhile.

- All who read, understand and apply this philosophy will be better prepared to attract and enjoy these higher estates which always have been denied to all except those who are ready for them.

I've always thought of 'being ready' as some kind of otherworldly judgment being made upon me, but am having another take on it lately - as in truly being ready for things through my own efforts to be prepared and to develop myself and to step out of my comfort zone without thinking too much about it - welcoming it as a learning experience if nothing else. To say Yes I am ready to be ready :0)

Be prepared to experience a changed life.

This is another key as sometimes even though we think we are ready, when it is time to take action, we find that we really are not or that deep inside it isn't what we really want. Some time in preparing ourselves for change can only strengthen our resolve to make the changes we seek.

- All achievement, all earned riches have their beginnings in an idea.

Otherwise, how would we know what we want? Maybe this is the point where 'here and there' meet.

ACTION

I'll be spending the week poking around and listening to the whole book to get a feel for it and to be better able to digest each chapter individually.

This process will help me to internalize the concepts as a whole for a good start and I will be making it a point to be aware of when they appear in my life in my attitude and internal changes of being and what changes may begin to occur as a result.

Did anything in the forward or preface jump out at you as something you could use?

Next Monday we'll have a look at Chapter One - Introduction - that has some interesting stories to tell!

[/i]
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement