[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - - Letting Go - • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

- Letting Go -

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

- Letting Go -

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:36 pm

Letting go... it seems to be a sort of a cleansing process. I've mentioned in a previous post that I am at somewhat of a crossroads - and I find myself clinging to certain concepts and forcing myself to let go of others. It can certainly be an excruciatingly painful kind of thing.

After several days of musing over all that is going on, I ended up relating it to having a yard sale... "do I really need this?" "I dont use this" "this is always in my way" (an obstacle) "where in the heck did I get this in the first place??"... When you really start going through your "stuff" piece by piece you find yourself feeling nostalgic and disgusted at the same time. (disgusted maybe because of all of the clutter you've collected over the years, or because you've ended up with so much "stuff" that just isnt "you")

Do I really want to show my "stuff" to the world - all neatly displayed looking the best I can make it look... having spent all that time applying value to each little thing (marking it with a price tag)...

Throwing it all away would be so much easier. Just dump it and go out and buy all new stuff.

Wouldnt it be nice if it were just that easy?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:19 pm

In my 'Quest for Success', I've found that I need to let go of a few things in order to really move forward at the pace that would suit me:

- Smoking
I absolutely have to quit smoking. It is both expensive and a huge health risk, neither of which contribute to my long-term plan.

- Organization
I've got to get organized! I need to let go of things that I dont need, and replace my 'filing system' with one that works better for me. Organization seems to be a "habit" more than a "task"... This is one I need to re-train myself on!

- Business
Oh, this is the hard part... I find myself at a point of of being forced to let go of certain types of projects - I guess it could be summed up by saying 'those that are less profitable and more time-consuming'. In the course of restructuring my business, I am trying to determine which projects to completely let go of and which ones deserve an extra dose of attention to shape them back into profit-generating ideas. Almost all of them have an emotional attachment... so I am finding this especially difficult.

This being just the beginning of Lynn cleaning out her 'virtual closet' - I am determined to make some major changes in my lifestyle to open new doors and make more things become a reality instead of a possibility!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Letting go

Postby Mary Goulet » Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:55 pm

Hi Lynn,

Wow, you sound like you're in a good place for change.
All great things to focus on.
I wish you success, I know how hard these things can be.
Mary
Mary Goulet

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:04 pm

Thank you, Mary. I'm paying close attention to those things in my life that energize me... and those that leave me feeling drained. This past year feels as if it has been an uphill journey towards a major turning point in my life.

I appreciate you both for the work that we do together, and for your friendship. Thank you for your unconditional support - it means a lot!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby James Mann » Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:09 pm

Lynn your in a great place in your life. Most people won't admit they
need to rearrange things in the life.

Get rid of all that junk you no longer need or want. A yard sale can be a
blast and people love to attend them. One womans junk is another womans
treasure. and make a couple of bucks in the process.

As far as life changes no is the best time because tomorrow never comes.

I am with you on that smoking thing. I have to quit before I go to
Alaska at the end of August.

Your business changes should be quite simple. If you have too many
things on the go, even if they are all important, you have to drop some.

In that case you should drop the ones that don't make you money, or
other people money, or it doesn't enhance your life.

Go with the ones that will help you and others grow on a personal and
financial level.

Life's choices should be that easy. :D
James Mann

Postby SBSbookkeeping » Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:04 pm

Lynn,

I'm with you on all three.

I have been telling myself for two years that if I can quit smoking, I can do anything.

I need to finally act - and see if that's true.

Lynne
SBSbookkeeping

Postby karadawn » Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:18 pm

Wow. Ok, since it's confession time......count me in on all three too. Yes, the Natural Home woman is a - *gasp* - smoker! I know it's bad, I knew that years before this business was ever started. Still it's a habit, and one that I've tried to kick many times before. You know, maybe we should all group together and actually DO it this time. Who's with me? You know what I've found to work the best? Counting them. Actually seeing how many you have smoked in a day and watching that. Setting a goal for one less a day, or heck even one less a week. Seems I get on a good track then something bad happens and I'm back to square one.

Organizing - well, it's good and bad at the same time. I have what I call an organized mess. Meaning I know where everything is, but no one else has a clue. My desk is almost always messy, except for the corner that Jillian can reach - she cleans for me if I leave anything there. And of course it gets cleaned when my pyramid of pop cans starts to burry my printer (yes the Natural Home woman is addicted to Vanilla Coke too - again that started before the business, but I still knew it was bad). I *should* clean my house and really sort through some stuff, but finding the time is difficult.

Business - now this one isn't so bad and I've managed to keep it under control. Just a few weeks after I started Mom's Market I had a few other projects going. Just before New Years I dropped it down to 2 things - one being Mom's Market and the other being the early stages of Natural Home (I just had the cleaners but knew I wanted to expand). My resolution was to not take so much on at one time. So far so good, since I STILL am only working with Mom's Market and Natural Home. Actually my next step is to put Natural Home on "cruse control" so to speak, and let the business I have built up so far continue to grow. In the next few weeks my mom will be in charge of shipping out order/making delieveries in town. I have a few things that I do online like contest sponsoring, but I don't seek those out. I just catch them when they come and make sure it's within my budget. There is a lot more that could be done with that website, but for now it's going to have to waite. Maybe one of these days I will get someone to maintain that and do a complete make over. Ok, so maybe I do need a better business plan LOL.

Thank you Lynn for starting another wonderful conversation! :)
karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:07 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby The Great Gordino » Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:46 am

The Great Gordino

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:49 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby The Great Gordino » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:11 pm

The Great Gordino

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:25 pm