[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Question Re:Self-Confidence Formula in Think & Grow Rich • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Question Re:Self-Confidence Formula in Think & Grow Rich

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Question Re:Self-Confidence Formula in Think & Grow Rich

Postby Mikew » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:41 pm

I am reading “Think and Grow Rich” and I’ve been following the self-confidence formula but I’m having trouble concentrating “my thoughts for thirty minutes daily upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become etc”.

I need some practical advice on doing that. Do I think to myself “I am a compassionate person” or do I create scenarios where I act in a compassionate manner?

And how do you demand of yourself the development of self-confidence?
Mikew

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi Mike,

The first step is to eliminate fear and skepticism. And I dont have my copy of TAGR at my fingertips (at the moment - I loaned it out), but I am turned to the chapter on Self-Confidence in Hill's book.

It offers this 5-step formula on page 224-5:

Self-Confidence Formula

1. I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my definite purpose, therefore I demand of myself persistent, aggressive, and continuous action toward its attainment.

2. I realize that the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, bodily action and then gradually transform themselves int o physical reality. Therefore, I will concentrate my mind for thirty minutes daily on the task of thinking of the person I intend to be, by creating a mental picture of this person and then transforming that picture into reality through my actions.

3. I know that through the principle of autosuggestion, any desire I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of realizing it. Therefore I shall devote ten minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of the factors named in the seventeen lessons of the Law of Success course.

4. I have clearly mapped out, and written down, a description of my Definite Purpose in life, for the next five years. I have set a price on my services for each of these five years, a price that I intend to earn and receive through strict application of the principle of efficient, satisfactory service, which I will render in advance.

5. I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless it is built upon truth and justice. Therefore, I will engage in no transaction that does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to me the forces I wish to use and the Cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me because I will first serve them. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me because I will believe in them and in myself.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

How successful is all this 'think good things' and all will

Postby eddiet » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:57 am

I am new to all this and on a limited budget so can someone tell me if all this mind thinking stuff is any good befor I spend any $$$'s. I think I am motivated and disiplined to keep working at my business so what should I do?
eddiet

Postby Tony Williams » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Creating the habits and doing the actions over and over will create new thinking and even new ways of viewing things. As you do, things will change for you.

I personally had to read TAGR a few times, as well as a few others like the Science of Getting Rich for example.

Every delivery of the message was different with the end result being the same.
Tony Williams

Postby Mikew » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:19 pm

There is a link at the top of the page where you can download "Think and Grow Rich" for free.
There are always forums such as this one where people will be happy to help you out and answer your questions and provide some motivation when you need it.
You can also go to the library where you can find hundreds of books on this "mind thinking stuff". And it's free!!
The only catch that you have to apply it to your life and business! Hope this helps.
What business are you in by the way?[list=][/list]
Mikew

Postby Tony Williams » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:04 pm

Tony Williams

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:25 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement