This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

2008 Goal

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

2008 Goal

Postby Jackie » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:23 pm

I haven't been around here in a loooong time. BIG mistake :oops:!. But I'm here now :D. I've been participating in Lynn's Webinar for the last 3 weeks (which is awesome!). I read a report on goal setting that Lynn recommended today and have my new business goal, using SMART criteria. I'm posting here as Lynn suggested. No backing out now!

One year goal: To take my business to the level of earning $5,000 per month, business net, on a consistent basis by December 31, 2008.

Short term goal: To be earning $20/day, biz net, consistently by January 31, 2008. (okay, so that gives a clue :lol:)

This goal is a BIG stretch, as my current earnings are laughable. Yet I do believe it is realistic. If I'm WAY out in left field, just let me know!

I'm working on my strategy now.

~Jackie
Jackie
Elite Member

Best Wishes

Postby nar321 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:38 pm

Hi Jackie
Glad you have decided to be active here again. Hope you make both goals and if there is anything SSWT can do to help you please let us know :)
nar321
Elite Member

Postby Jackie » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:51 pm

Thanks Bob!

~Jackie
Jackie
Elite Member

Postby Adulu » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:38 am

My goal is earning $20/day tooImage
Adulu

Postby Barry Rice » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:16 pm

Jackie, using the three-pillar bridge approach - vision, willingness and commitment, your bridge can carry you over most, if not all, obstacles to all of the opportunities upon the horizon of your sunrise of opportunities.

Have a vision, supported by effective goals and well-thought out action plans.

Be willing to complete all of the required action steps, not matter how hard or painful.

Maintain that burning-in-the-belly commitment that says, "I will NOT be denied."
Barry Rice

Postby Jackie » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 pm

Adulu, good goal :lol: !

Barry, I've never heard of the three-pillar-bridge approach. I like that visualization. I have a vision, goals, and am working on a plan now.

You know the famous quote by Calvin Coolidge about persistence? That's me! (A bit slow, though :D)

Thanks for your input!

~Jackie
Jackie
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:45 pm

Hi Barry,

I didnt realize you were in Tennessee! Or maybe I did, and simply forgot :? . At any rate, I lived in the Hendersonville area for a short while many years ago... beautiful place. Do you ever attend the Warrior meetups or any other local get togethers?

p.s. Jackie and I are working on these goals together in the Private Forum as well. Glad to see such warm support here on the main forum too!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Duane » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi Jackie and Welcome!
I found this little gold mine several months ago.
I've found it a friendly place to be. Not only is Lynn's advice and interaction with us members here great (and valuable) the other members can, and usually do, offer tips, advice, even constructive criticism.
I think I've learned more about marketing on the Internet here than at any other three or four places.
I like the fact that you've committed yourself by publicly stating your goals for this year. I will do this also tomorrow, if not yet tonight. I'm still working on whether I really believe what I've written down so far. Once I'm convinced of that, I'll post here also (another thread).
Glad to have you aboard. You'll not regret it.
Duane
Elite Member

Postby Katherine Reschke » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:18 pm

By describing your goal as a BIG stretch indicates resistance in totally knowing that you can achieve it which I believe will hamper your efforts.

So I recommend that you spend some time every day getting comfortable with this goal. Imagine as many different ways you can to achieve this e.g. a lottery win, a long forgotten debt repaid to you, an inheritance from a distant relation, your product beoming very popular and so on. See this money flying to you from all sides. Do this until you know it is an inevitability that this money will come to you this year. When you can confidently tell people that you WILL be achieving your goal this year you remove all resistance.
Katherine Reschke
Elite Member

Postby Jackie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome Duane! I agree, this forum is a great place to learn, improve, and succeed :D .

Katherine, thank you for your suggestion. It helps me further clarify my goal. Yes I want to achieve my monetary goal, but even more than that I want to "be successful." While winning the lottery or receiving an unexpected check in the mail would be awesome and welcome, my goal is deeper than just the moolah. I want to accomplish something big in my life. My goal is actually to create a highly successful business that will enhance the lives of others. I don't think that's a "SMART" goal though :).

So yes, I will definitely visualize my successful biz goal... daily. I am creating a visual to focus on. I know I can do this. Thanks for the reminder Katherine!

~Jackie
Jackie
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:22 pm

Hi Jackie, I'm wondering if you have an update on your progress so far?

Hits? Misses? Tips? :)
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby shortstack » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:14 am

Yeah, how's it going Jackie?

:) Lisa
shortstack
Elite Member

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement