[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Setting Goals? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Setting Goals?

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Re: Setting Goals?

Postby alita » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:49 am

alita

Postby rimmyreko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:22 am

rimmyreko

Postby queenofkaos » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:45 am

Something that I have found to be invaluable in setting and achieving my goals was to create a mission statement.

Before I did that I was scattered and even when I achieved my goals, often they really didn't fit with my main objective.

I wrote an article about creating a mission statement for your business that you may find helpful.

One of the steps is creating a personal mission statement as well, that is your base to work from (for instance, if your personal mission statement is to leave the world a better place, then your business mission statement isn't likely to be to get rich through duping your customers :0).

[url]
http://queenofkaos.com/WAHMblog/347/how ... -business/[/url]
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby DonDare » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:29 pm

honestly, goals don't work for me really.

I am a type of guy who likes to SOLVE PROBLEMS. Eben Pagan mentioned this in his Get Altitude program. Most people don't want to set up goals, they want to solve problems.

Goal: I want to learn German
Problem: I feel that I'm missing a lot by not learning German, I must learn it so I finally don't miss this damn it.

Then, of course, you can progressively get your goal into a more 'positive' one once it becomes a habit.

I hope at least you understood what I'm saying lol.
DonDare

Postby queenofkaos » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:47 pm

I do understand this and agree.

Setting a goal puts it 'out there'. Maybe it's because setting things subtly implies the future.

Solving a problem keeps it within your control and is an action verb that applies to the now.

Your example illustrates it well, the difference between the goal - 'want to learn German' and the action - 'must learn it'

It's a fine line but it seems that when dealing with our own minds, every
little bit helps :0)

It brings to mind Jim Edwards saying "Don't hope, expect". Somehow the terminology makes the difference.

I have it on a sticky on my computer.

I'm taking Eben Pagan's Wake Up Productive course, I really like it so far.
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby onlineleben » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:44 am

onlineleben

Postby Li Weng » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Li Weng

Postby dannielo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:16 am

If you'd like a tool for setting your goals, you can use this web application:

You can use it to manage your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, schedules and a calendar.
A mobile version is available too.
dannielo

Previous

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement