[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What's Motivating You? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What's Motivating You?

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

What's Motivating You?

Postby jaggiegill » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:14 pm

Motivation is both the desire and willingness to do something. It's what gets you started and keeps the motor running day in and day out.

"Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly." Stephen R. Covey

"Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." Napoleon Hill

Most people are motivated either by the avoidance of pain or the pursuit of pleasure. In my experience the most common motivation seems to be the avoidance of pain.

I'm surprised by how many people become motivate by their fears. Fear of being alone, fear of what people might think, fear of failing... Fear can be destructive, yet it can be harnessed and targeted towards a good end. If fear motivates you, use it to create the motivation that will allow you to achieve your goals.

A passionate desire for something pleasurable, coupled with the avoidance of pain creates the strongest motivation. The best way motivate yourself is to set inspiring worthy goals. You are most likely to stay motivated if you have plenty of good reasons to accomplish your goals and are mindful of the consequences of failure.

One thing that helps to motivate me is to have deadlines. I usually have a few projects on the go, when I finish something on time and do it well it spurs me on to repeat my success.

Success motivates me. I love a challenge and proving that I can do something that someone else thinks is beyond me. I get a buzz from when all my marketing efforts pay off. My parents always told me that I would never become successful with these scams, this was the biggest motivation that I could ever recieve!

What about you?

"What's currently in your life that you would like not to be there any more?
"What's not in your life that you would like to have?
"How much do you want your life to change?
"Enough to take some targeted action?

If you are committed to change you'll find a way even if there doesn't seem to be one.

"There's always a way, if you're committed." Tony Robbin

What would get you up early, keep you up late, and live with purpose and passion? If you can find your answer to that question you'll be well on your way to living a fulfilling purpose filled life.

"People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success." Norman Vincent Peale

What do you really want to do? What will motivate you to do it?

Think of times when you were motivated and times when you weren't. What was the difference?

Take time to reflect and discover what motivates you then use it to fuel your motivation.
jaggiegill

Postby sunflowerlady » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:04 pm

What a great post, very thought-provoking. :D

I'm motivated because I would like my own business. I would like to learn and to advance my skills and to use my interests as a way to make money -- I know that sounds kind of basic but that's my motivation. :D

:D Abby
sunflowerlady

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement