[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How to Bond with Customers. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to Bond with Customers.

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

How to Bond with Customers.

Postby Inteleants » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:44 am

Hi

I'm looking to bond with my customers so they know, like, and trust me. I want them to feel like they know me. I want them to feel like I'm their friend. What are your best suggestions for bonding with customers? What do you do with your close friends to indicate you care about them?"

Inteleants

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:48 am

Hello & Welcome :)

I assume you are referring to online customers vs offline that you meet face-to-face? My first suggestion would be to use your name - even if its a pen name, people need to know who you are and how to address you.

Your post here is a good example - an introduction, but no name - just for example.

Even on your website there is no About page or Profile that tells us who you are and why we should do business with you. Your contact page lacks that as well - I have no idea who I am contacting.

I would recommend adding a name, a photo, and a bio or profile page.

Once you do that, your next step will be to keep all communications personable. Show your genuine interest in assisting your clients with their projects, etc.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby NikiJ » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:00 am

I find this a big issue as well. Not being able to see customers face to face is a real negative for me.

I feel very disconnected to them and want to find a way around it so that I can better communicate with my customers.

I would love to correspond more with customers who buy my art work.

Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Niki
NikiJ

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:20 am

Aside from adding the obvious elements to your website, and allowing visitors/customers to know you and get a sense of who you are and what you're about... the next step is in the follow-up.

If you ship physical products to your customers, consider sending them holiday cards or other physical follow-up notes. Send Out Cards is the popular way to do this (online) from what I have heard.

If all of your products are virtual (online only) then you'll follow-up by email. Follow up with them on their purchase and ask them if they received it okay, if they are thoroughly pleased with the product/service, etc.

Personal communication goes a long way towards building a relationship of trust & loyalty.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby NikiJ » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:17 am

Thanks Lynn those are great ideas.

Niki
NikiJ

Postby laurie » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:16 am

This is a good discussion.

I struggle with this too. I send out regular newsletters and write blog posts regularly. However, I never have anyone leave a comment on my blog or send me a comment on my newsletter.

I also have a place for comments/testimonials on my website. I just put that on this week so we'll have to see if that brings in any or not.

Any tips on how to get people interacting with you more?
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:29 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby laurie » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:44 pm

Lynn,

I did do a survey recently. I got about a little of 10% response. Would you say that's pretty normal?

I do ask people to comment on my blog in my newsletter and on the blog itself and ask questions, but noone comments.

Oh well, I'll keep trying.... :D
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:17 pm

A 10% response is not that bad. It really depends on just how targeted the list is, and how targeted the content is to that list.

I think about that often with SSWT (the newsletter). I started it so many years ago, but there are a lot of things I wish I could go back and do differently. Its such a diverse interest group that its hard to be targeted - any one topic only speaks to a certain percentage of the subscribers, etc.

On smaller more targeted lists, you can expect a greater response to highly targeted offers/content.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement