[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Setting Goals for success • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Setting Goals for success

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Setting Goals for success

Postby skyjoe76 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:22 pm

What will you do if you want to buy a gift for your love one? Yes, you decide if you want to head down to the gift store or visit ebay. Either way, you got to set your destination, the gift store or the computer.

Let's move this concept into life. You got to decide what you want in life. You got to set your destination, you got to set your goals.

Only you have the power to control you destiny. The key is having goals and setting them well enough and tracking them diligently enough to see them come to fruition.

The sad thing is most people live their life blindly, without a destination, without a goal. It is like a ship in the ocean without a direction. It will goes where the current brings them. Think about your life for a second, are you like the lost ship, you'll take whatever life present to you?

Be in control of who you want to be, what you want to achieve. Steer your ship in the direction you want it to go. This does not mean you will definitely reach there, but you won't be far away. If you are moving in the right direction you will do well in life.

In his book, Man's Search for Meaning, Victor Frankl, successor of Freud, argues that the "loss of hope and courage can gave a deadly effect on man." As a result of his experiences ina Nazi concentration camp, Frankl contend that when a man no longer possesses a motive for living, no future to look toward, he curls up in a corner and dies.

"Any attempt to restore a man's inner strength in camp, had first to succeed in showing him some future goal." He wrote.

Carry a goal card with you all the time. In this goal card, write down your goals. Every morning when you are off to work, read your goals once, put it in your pocket. Every night, when you empty your pocket, read it again.

Whenever you put your hands into the pocket, you touch your goal card. You picture your goals again.

I have the phobia of public speaking all my life until I started my own training company. I have to get out of the comfort zone. The first few trainings ware a disaster.

However I did set a goal for myself. That is to speak to three hundred people in a hall. I achieved that a year later, and it was so powerful that they engaged me again in the same year.

I re-set that goal again. To speak to 1000 people. I spoke to 900 people six months later. I did not achieve the 1000, but very close, isn't it?

Set your goals, put a direction for your life. You will never regret doing that.
skyjoe76

Yes thats correct

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:15 pm

kowhai

Postby Duane » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:51 am

I agree with what you said about people not having a clear goal in mind. It is very hard to get somewhere if you don't quite know where that somewhere is.

Another big problem people have, even if they do set a goal, is the goal they selected not being that important to they except for the money. What I mean is, if you decide to become rich by doing accounting and don't like working with numbers it will be extremely hard to concentrate on doing the tasks involved with the enthusiasm required to do them well and stick to them.

Napoleon Hill, in Think and Grow Rich put a lot of emphasis on finding a "Burning Desire," something you truly love doing. In order to succeed, it almost always takes an untold amount of concentration and effort. If it's something you love doing, the effort becomes fun, not work. If, on the other hand your interest wanes, it's almost impossible to persevere.

I think one of the biggest causes of failure to reach goals is not carefully choosing them. Do some dreaming. What would you, above all else, like to be or do? Think big! Next, make your "Big Idea" believable. Either bring it down a notch or break it down into believable, achievable steps. Like Hill said "What the mind can concieve and believe the mind can achieve."

My point is - It's not enough to just set a goal. The goal must be something you love and you must believe you can reach it.
Duane
Elite Member

Postby chillzkid » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:04 pm

You should check out http://simpleology.com

100% free, they are all about 'Targets' and 'Focus'
chillzkid

Postby skyjoe76 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:53 am

That;s why most guru, books or success seminar taught us to live our passion.

Do somethings we love, play our music, sing our song. If the only goal is money, then it is going to be miserable.

Life is much more than money itself.
skyjoe76

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:04 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

very good post Duane

Postby kowhai » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:05 pm

kowhai

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement