[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - TOL - Thinking Out Loud • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

TOL - Thinking Out Loud

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

TOL - Thinking Out Loud

Postby Sharon & Roy » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:36 pm

TOL - Thinking Out Loud

Hello Forum-Mates,

We all know that LOL means "Laughing Out Loud" in Forum-Speak, but if you are not aware of what TOL means then, we want to let you know it means "Thinking Out Loud" which is something we both do quite frequently in our lives.

It actually is a great way to inspire and to be inspired.

What we mean by that is that when you actually "Say Your Thoughts Out Loud" (whether anyone else is around to hear you or not, should never be an issue, because there have been studies that prove that people who talk out loud to themselves are usually above average in intelligence), you will HEAR it differently then when you just "Think Your Thoughts Silently To Yourself" because by hearing your thoughts out loud, they enter a different part of your brain, whereby it is processed in a much more productive and memorable way.

So, with that in mind, we can often be heard saying to one another (or to ourselves) ... TOL (blah, blah, blah ...) < LOL >

That brings us to the reason for this post ...

Keep in mind that we are just TOL, so it doesn't have to mean anything or it could mean everything. It is just a thought.

The "You Make Me Want To Be A Better Person" Top Posts

Forum posts by various authors who inspire us and encourage us to be and do better with our God given talents and gifts.

It all started at the SSWT Forum.

Here is this week's (or month's) Top Post with the most votes for ...

"You Make Me Want To Be A Better Person Post"

... As voted by the subscribers of the SSWT Forum.

The Top Post(s) don't have to be earth shattering in nature, well that would depend on your own perspective though.

As examples of what these types of posts may "look" like, we offer these that "moved" us ...

and

... And ...

Once, again, just TOL (Thinking Out Loud).

Your Friends,

Sharon & Roy

P.S. This post was INSPIRED by by Lynn Terry and our commentary in .
Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Thank you Sharon & Roy...

Postby James Mann » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:11 pm

I have know about TOL for years but have failed to use it.

Why you may ask or you may already know the answer.

I just feel embarrassed to Think Out Loud. But...

As of today I make a promise to both of you that I will do my best to
TOL.

Thank you for your inspiring post.

I was a little surprise that your post was so short. :lol:

Short but like an arrow. :arrow:
James Mann

Re: Thank you Sharon & Roy...

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:51 pm

You know, I find me talking myself through complicating programming. I've heard it said that it's ok to talk to yourself as long as you don't answer.

Sometimes I answer too!

Postby James Mann » Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:23 pm

I think that if you answer yourself in a different voice it is okay. :D
James Mann

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement