[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Daily Success Habits • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Daily Success Habits

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Daily Success Habits

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:48 am

I was recently invited to participate in a blog survey (or "meme") that asked us to list our Daily Success Habits. You can see mine here:

http://www.clicknewz.com/579/10-success-habits/

I thought this would make a great discussion - What are YOUR success habits? Or what types of things do you do on a daily or regular basis to become or remain successful at what you do?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Teena » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:41 pm

Teena

Postby Duane » Tue May 29, 2007 12:49 am

Ouch!
I've been trying to learn how to and what to do with what will be my website/blog VERY soon. My biggest problem has been focus. I find it way too easy to go from checking email to investigating the latest great idea for hours and not get much done that's productive. I read your 10 habits blogpost and it reminded me I GOTTA GO NOW!
PS. I'll put my URL in my sig as soon as there's something there to look at.
Duane
Duane
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 29, 2007 6:46 am

Email can really be a big task. Its one of those things that you cant just ignore... but it can suck up endless hours of time if you let it. I've struggled with it myself and have finally got it down to a manageable task. Perhaps some of will be helpful to you as well.

First, if you still have spam in your inbox, you have to get that to go away - period. After trying several programs, I have settled on SpamBully and am absolutely in love with it. Instead of paying a monthly or yearly fee like other services, it was a one time 30 bucks... and it works like a charm. If a piece of spam happens to fall through the cracks, I just click one button telling SpamBully that its spam - and it remembers it from then on. GREAT program.

Another thing that has been a huge time saver is the use of folders and filters to auto-organize my content & messages. Notifications, for example - like new list subscribers, blog comments, etc. These can each get filtered into their own folder using a Rule of Filter. They dont need to interrupt my work flow, and I can easily check in on them anytime I like. I have task-type notifications like forum reply notifications and blog comment notifications and payment notifications all go into a "notifications" folder - so when I am ready to sit down and do those things, I just open that folder and its all right there.

The only thing I have left coming into my actual Inbox is current news, email from lists I am signed up to, and actual messages from a real person. Its easy to let these sap up entirely too much time too, so I set a timer (15 min, 30 min, 45 min - whatever works for you) to give myself a 'deadline'. This helps me to sort through it a little quicker and "get back to work" ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement