[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What is your area of expertise? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What is your area of expertise?

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Postby James Mann » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:27 pm

James Mann

Postby kathleen » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:20 am

kathleen

Postby karadawn » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:37 pm

karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:13 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby flensborg » Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:59 am

flensborg

Postby James Mann » Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:59 am

James Mann

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:51 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:25 pm

karadawn

my strengths (for better or worse!)

Postby weddingbard » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:53 pm

weddingbard

Postby robert adams » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:58 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:23 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:32 pm

Wow... great posts in here today. We have such a great group here - I'm so glad you all enjoy it as much as I do! Your feedback is extremely important to me - dont hesitate to let me know if you see ways that we can improve or add to this forum.

Karin - I really admire what you do, and am fascinated with the whole concept. Please do keep us posted as you venture into online marketing and grow your business! There are several professionals here at the forum that would be more than happy to offer you advice and resources - from copy writing to publishing... and everything in between. Call on them anytime you need to! ;) - I'd really love to see you perform. I can only imagine what a beautiful touch it adds to a ceremony.

Robert - I've enjoyed your travel stories, and am glad you took the time to finally go in depth about your BYOAOL business... it has *great* potential and I'd love to talk more with you about it when you get the time. Dont ever hesitate to talk about your business, or your goals with it, in here. I realize we're all gun-shy after getting "flamed" at other forums - but I'd like to keep this a place where we can talk openly about business, goals and *really* get to know one another. When we need to make a referral, need a service/product for ourselves, etc - we need to know who to call on ;)

-- Just to clarify to any lurking guests, I dont condone forum-spamming and have a happy 'delete finger' :D However, when regular members get into a discussion about business, I want them to feel comfortable talking about it openly. I think everyone here gets the point...

Dan - your persistence with WAHumor is awesome! Many would have thrown in the towel by now... I imagine you have learned a lot over the last few months, and that you will continue to grow and learn as long as you pour your heart into it. I love your idea for creating a work-at-home version of the Dilbert cartoon character... its a solid idea. Keep after it - Becky made some really good points about timing... be open to that, but keep moving forward too ;)

You guys are great - all of you!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby robert adams » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:46 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Re:

Postby wahmcafe » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:20 pm

Hello :)

I have been reading these posts for a while and realized that I don't know what my talents are. I can't define them exactly.
My area of expertise, if you can call it that, is translating. I enjoyed being an interpreter and would love to do that now. I was lucky that my parents realised how important it is to know other languages, and decided that I should start with English. Then Spanish, French, Latin, German... I love languages... That skill has helped me find a "dream job" three years ago with the United Nations Mission in Kosovo. Lord, I would love to go back. But, I had to move to the US.
One thing I think is one of my best features is that I love people, I love talking to people... I am very organized, well, not any more being at home.
I want instant results... But, wanting instant results can be really stressful, especially doing things online. I am trying to teach myself to take things slowly.
A thing I forgot, is being a mother. It is something that tought me to accept selflessness for the time being. It tought me much and I am still learning.
The biggest mistake I always make is that I give up easily. If things are not developing the way I wanted them, I give up. I gave up on my dreams to become a jazz singer even though I was invited to take a "test" at the Jazz Academy of Gratz, Austria. I just didn't think I was good enough.
I entered a phase where I found myself thinking what to do next... This has been a hard year for me and I am still recovering from the "cultural" shock...
Hm, this is a very deep topic Lynn, you made me really sad...
:roll:
I am going now.... to kiss the baby and watch her sleep :)
Biki 8)
wahmcafe

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:31 pm

Translation is an awesome talent, Biki! There is a group online that has a project to do with multi-lingual resources... I'll have to find that link for you ;)

I imagine the move was very difficult... I am sure being online helps a lot, as you have an opportunity to connect with a variety of people and pursue your career and your own personal needs while staying at home with your daughter... Still - I am sending {{hugs}} your way. A sleeping baby is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. Enjoy your night!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement