[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Article: If I Only Had A Few Minutes To Myself • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Article: If I Only Had A Few Minutes To Myself

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Article: If I Only Had A Few Minutes To Myself

Postby Lee » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:11 pm

"IF ONLY I HAD A FEW MINUTES TO MYSELF"
Creating Your Own Personal Moments Of Enjoyment
©Lee Wise All rights reserved

As Janis Joplin sang "Me And My Bobby McGhee" I was *into
it.*

Drivin' along in my big car wanna be -- my 1995 Suzuki -- I
loved listening to a favorite oldie.

However, the song didn't quite finish as I maneuvered into
the parking space near my office.

But...

Before I took hold of the door handle to make my morning
exit, I decided to carve out an extra 120 seconds or so just
for me.

I stopped, let the radio play on, and "tuned in."

If Janis and her Bobby McGhee were the contents of a cup of
java, I would have said: "Great. Good to the very last
drop."

MOMENTS AND THE STORIES OF OUR LIVES

Small bits of time that make up the stories of our lives are
*so* important.

Think about it.

Think about the times when you have taken "just a moment" to
call a friend, send a card, read a quote, do some study,
take a nap, go for a short walk, listen to a speaker, or
just "be me."

Moments make up your life.

WHY NOT TAKE A MOMENT JUST FOR YOU?

Look for your own "just a moment" possibilities.

Consider the list below as prompts. View it as your own
"just a moment for me" set of idea starters.

Really.
Do it.

Add your own ideas.
The ideas will introduce themselves to you -- if let them.

You must you allow them to break through the sound barrier
and invade your inner space.

Take a moment to...

Say hi.
Say goodbye
Say...?

Be

Dial the number
Send an email
Write the first sentence.

Listen to...?
Look up
Read
Pray

Forgive
Put it in perspective

Sit down
Stand up
Walk

Laugh
Smile
Giggle

Be aware

Understand
Decide

Focus
Begin

Help
Encourage

A FEW MORE PROMPTS

Ask yourself questions.
Create statements to complete.

Answering questions and completing statements are tools that
help you capture the desires of your heart.

Interact with the following list in this way: read the
statement or ask the question, pause, and see where your
heart leads you.

"I sure would enjoy taking a moment to..."

"How long would it take me to have a quality moment like
_____ ?"

"You know, I'll bet I could do this twice a day for a few
moments."

"If I had just a moment or two, I would love _____?"

"That was one neat moment. I wonder if I could _____?"

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN

List three *just for me* possibility moments.

One

Two

Three

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
© Lee Wise All rights reserved. You may freely distribute
this article. The copyright and this resource box must be
included. mailto:Lee@motivation-for-daily-living.net

Publisher of two ezines, Lee writes family-friendly articles
and has a home business (http://www.retirequickly.com/89863)
No cost ezine --> http://www.motivation-for-daily-living.net
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Lee

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement