[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - My quests • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

My quests

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

My quests

Postby Alex in NC » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:43 pm

He he. Here goes.

I am setting up a fishing reports site (Don't laugh) that will be nationwide. I'm working with bait and tackle shops and charter captains from around the country for compilations. The recreational fisherman will be able to find info on any part of the country they wish, along with tips and advice. Also I want to set up a fishing vacations site which would have to be worldwide. Still taking a lot of notes on that one... Last but not least, the selling of rocks (I feel like Charlie Brown when I say that) and fossils. I figure I might as well develop sites on subjects I really enjoy. The internet gives people the opportunity to enjoy their passions while hopefully making a profit.

Needless to say my head is filled to the brim with SEO info. A big thanks to Sharon and Rob (I know you guys are actually Vulcans... were onto you) and to Lynn.

Alex
Alex in NC

Hey Alex...

Postby James Mann » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:26 pm

James Mann

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:37 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby James Mann » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:59 pm

Oh Lynn, you get better by the minute.

I love fly-fishing. I have two float tubes and love fly fishing for bass.

I also love fly-fishing for Atlantic Salmon.

I did a web site for a friend of a friend.

He has a hunting and fishing camp. He is taking me on a Salmon trip
in a couple of weeks. All expense paid.

I built his web site in Feb. 2003 and he has had 3 groups from it already.

They pay $800 - 1200 US for three days.

I tie my own flies also. It is so rewarding when you catch something
on your own fly.

I taught my fishing buddy to Fly-fish and tie flies so I would have a
friend to fish with.
James Mann

fly fishing

Postby Alex in NC » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:01 am

Alex in NC

Alex...

Postby James Mann » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:27 am

James Mann

Postby Alex in NC » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:59 am

Alex in NC

How to loose weight...

Postby James Mann » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:18 am

James Mann

Postby WAHumor » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:34 am

Way to go, James!!

And Lynny...fly-fishing?!? Cool!!!

All my fishing is done in a display case lately...

...although my son developing a liking for it.

Curious to see if he develops a liking for digging worms at 4 a.m. :wink:
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby James Mann » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:39 am

Dan, I don't dig worms.

I water the lawn and go out about midnight with a flashlight and just pick them up.

Dozens of them everywhere. :D
James Mann

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:55 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby flensborg » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:17 am

flensborg

Postby James Mann » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:50 am

James Mann

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:03 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: How to loose weight...

Postby MrGrammar » Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:12 pm

I'm on the weight loss trail right now. When I was in high school, I lettered in track and cross-country. I used to spend 4 hours a day, 4 days a week in the gym. I was a little overweight, but I was fit.

Then I started my web business, and things went south, literally! LOL This past spring, I found myself almost 200lbs. overweight and tired of being tired and out of breath and unhealthy.

2 months ago, I got food poisoning really bad. I had it coming out both ends! Within a day, there was nothing left in my intestines. I subsisted on jello and chicken noodle soup for the following 3 days. I dropped 10 lbs. that week and figured that since my stomach was empty and smaller, that it was a good way to kick-start my weight loss.

I've lost 26 lbs. in the past 2 months. I figure that I can probably drop the rest of it within another 12 months. It's all a matter of the moment-to-moment. The first 3 weeks were the hardest. I've been used to eating high-carb food. I had to start eating balanced smaller meals. Over time, I've noticed that I've started thinking different about food.

It's been a hard road so far, but it's getting easier as I go.

MrGrammar
MrGrammar

Next

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement