This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Street Smarts: Learning From JetBlue

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Postby OpenSouls.com » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:26 pm

I wanted to post this article link. Its great to see how customer-oriented some companies are!

One day flying JetBlue, I found myself being served by David Neeleman, the airline's founder. When was the last time you met your customers and asked how you could better serve them?

Among the many hazards of business success is this one: The bigger your company gets, the less contact you have with some of the most important people who have helped get you there, namely, your customers. You just can't spend as much time with them as you did in the early days. There are always more pressing matters--problems to solve, financing to arrange, people to hire, deals to make. You increasingly count on employees to handle the day-to-day relationships with customers, while you become more and more removed from them. It's a process that can undermine even the most promising young company--unless you make a conscious effort to ensure that that doesn't happen.

Full Article: http://www.inc.com/magazine/20040301/nbrodsky.html
OpenSouls.com

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement