[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Fixing Problem Areas, Increasing Productivity • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Fixing Problem Areas, Increasing Productivity

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Fixing Problem Areas, Increasing Productivity

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:17 am

I have been self-employed and working from home for almost 10 years now. As I approach this exciting anniversary... I am realizing how much I have learned about myself as a person over the last decade - and what I would like to change/improve for the decade ahead.

I have always considered myself insanely unorganized - or better, I like to call it "organized chaos" (laugh). It really blows my mind to think that I have lived like this for TEN YEARS without finding a real solution...

I'm making changes :D . I had a major breakthrough recently, which I have been posting about in detail on my blog:

:arrow: http://www.clicknewz.com/381/i-am-organized/

:arrow: http://www.clicknewz.com/391/my-home-office-make-over/

Basically, I have identified my "problem areas", and come up with a plan to dramatically increase my productivity. And instead of diving headlong into an overwhelming make-over process - I am taking a very quick, simple and inexpensive route.

My main issues have been "stuff", being an "out of sight, out of mind" type of person, and finding an efficient way to have everything at hand and stay on task.

With all of us having various personalities and habits, I thought it might be fun to explore "problem areas" and possible solutions. What seems to snag you up the most - or what would you most like to change about your work space or your work habits?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:17 pm

It's heartening to hear that you're in the same mess as me and still doing well. If something's not in front of me, it just plain doesn't exist. :roll:

There may be hope yet!

My home office more closely resembles the back of a very cluttered garage at this time. It's the one room that has not been renovated at all so far.

Although I often clear off my desk, the clutter creeps back before I know it. And lists? I've made plenty of them, filled with notes and ideas and things to do - legal pad after legal pad. I finally gave up legal pads.

I'm gonna snatch an idea or two from you on this, Lynny...I need it bad!!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Mila Sidman » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:53 am

Mila Sidman
Elite Member

Postby midwestmedia » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:50 pm

Space and clutter are really holding me back right now. As much as I love to be organized, I usually get things under control and then they slip back into a state of total disorganization. :)

I'm also sort on space right now, which might be due to my not utilizing the space in my office wisely or the fact that my DH and I have finally outgrown our 2bed/2bath house and need something a little bigger.

I'm also a person who needs to have things "out" and visible, which means that file cabinets just don't work for me. I need bulletin boards, white boards, things posted on the walls....

Jen
midwestmedia
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:06 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:11 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby womaninbiz » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:36 am

I'm the same as you Lynn,

Living in "Organized Chaos" only it's one that works out well for me but still drives me nuts. I know where to find everything but I hate to see all of the clutter.

I have committed myself to re-organizing at the very least once per month. My goal this year is to purchase products and tools that will help me to get organized and stay organized. I also hope to outsource some tasks in the near future if I can build up enough courage to let go.

I'll keep you all posted and let you know how this new year resolution goes.......probably the same as most but I am truly going to try this year and make it work and stick!

Glad to see that I am not alone in this though :-)

Scharlene
womaninbiz

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement