[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - This Has Helped Me Enormously! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

This Has Helped Me Enormously!

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

This Has Helped Me Enormously!

Postby goldline » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:13 pm

This little concept has really helped me since I learned about it.

The concept is that everyone wants to make huge improvements in certain areas of their life (say, business), but making a huge improvement is never easy.

So, how about this? Make a 1% improvement every day. In a few days that won't be much, but a year later you're talking a huge, exponential improvement...Calculate it out yourself.

I apply this concept to everything I do. I especially apply it in my internet business by trying to just personally refer one more person every day.

Don't stop, and even a few months from now your network will be massive.

Just a thought!
goldline

Postby jburdic » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:27 pm

jburdic

Postby RMG » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:04 pm

Very good point. In baseball, the difference between a mediocre player and a Hall of Famer could be a tiny measure of difference. A player who gets a hit once every fourth trip to the plate bats a .250 average (not bad, but likely not Hall of Fame). A player, however, who gets a hit every THIRD trip to the plate bats a whopping .333 (and any team would love to have that batter).

Small steps can make a BIG difference!
RMG

Postby 90PercentAttitude » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:53 pm

Slow and steady wins the race!

As great as the Internet is, it has created a legion of instand gratification nuts (myself included, at times). But a reminder that every slice adds up to a whole pie is always good reinforcement.

Have Fun & Fortune!
Stephanie
90PercentAttitude

Postby TotalLifeSuccess.com » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:13 pm

For many people "strive" and "improvement" become road blocks. Improvement denotes that there's something lacking from ourself; something we don't currently possess that "success" will require.

Don't believe it. You have everything you need to succeed, right now.

My recommendation!? Don't "improve" each day. Just take the next step.
TotalLifeSuccess.com

Postby Liara Covert » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:45 pm

The most startling definition I ever heard for the words "strive" or "try" was "predicted failure with honor." I think we would benefit from removing tentative terms from our vocabulary. Deciding to achieve definitive results requires a mindset and attitude in this direction. :shock:
Liara Covert

Postby TotalLifeSuccess.com » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:59 pm

"Predicted failure with honor". Beautiful!

I'd add "persist" to the list of negative words. DON'T "persist" (try and try again, even through failure). Just take the next step.
TotalLifeSuccess.com

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement