[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The Learning Cliff pt II, Gun Ho or Geek out? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The Learning Cliff pt II, Gun Ho or Geek out?

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

The Learning Cliff pt II, Gun Ho or Geek out?

Postby mitchelhb333 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:21 pm

Another one of my mindset pattern attempts. There seems to be two camps
which I catagorize as Gun Ho or Geek out. The Gun Ho marketer jumps in and does things on the fly. The second type is the Geek out approach which is to analyze and analyze the analysis. Realizing that either approach has problems how do the more experienced marketers handle this split and also suggestions for the beginner who may gravitate one way or another may be appreciated. When is jumping in appropriate or not. And when is analyzing appropriate or not? I also know this area has a fine shade of grey. But would like the "frame" a bit better defined. :)
mitchelhb333

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:05 pm

As with all things, balance between the two would be best...

But honestly, it has more to do with personal characteristics and personality traits than right or wrong. If you take an over analytical person and 'force' them to be Gun Ho (as you put it), will they be successful in that mode? Likely not.

As a full time internet marketer myself, I can generally be found in both camps. There are times I am working full steam ahead and pure creative energy. And other times I may spend days with my head buried in numbers and stats and analyzing all of the data + options.

But then... I'm a Gemini ;) :lol:
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement