[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The Think and Grow Rich Thread • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The Think and Grow Rich Thread

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

The Think and Grow Rich Thread

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:50 pm

Have you read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill :?:

What are your general thoughts on the book? Have you read any other work by Hill? Did it impact the way that you set goals, or did it have an effect on you in any way?

:arrow: If you havent read it yet, you are welcome to
download a free copy from the main site:

Post your thoughts here! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Karen » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:57 pm

Hi Lynn,

I love Think and Grow Rich. It has to be one of the main contributors to my success. It refined my thoughts and directed me toward my path in life.

One of the main reasons I love this book so much is because it is directly in line with my coaching practice. I give it away to my clients and they love the book as much as I do.

Karen
Karen

Great book

Postby cheapazz » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:26 pm

Hi Lynn,

I've read it several times and I believe it's almost required reading for success. It's been a while so I think I'll read it again soon. Another book I think is great is 'How to Win Friends & Influence People' by Dale Carnegie.
Brian
cheapazz

Postby oscar74 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:36 pm

Yes, it’s a success classic, for anyone going into business for themselves its required reading.

One your first pass, take notes, underline and tag the pieces you feel that are important. When you feel like throwing in the towel go back and see what you marked. You will need the recharge.
oscar74

Postby Eklavya » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:26 am

Writing my thoughts on ‘Think & Grow Rich’ and about its author Napoleon Hill is just like writing about a very dear and respected teacher.

I first read this book when I was a teenager in College. Right from there I can’t recollect how many times I re-read this wonderful masterpiece on success. Whatever little success I have achieved in my life till date, a major portion of that is because of books like ‘Think and Grow Rich’

I have read two more books by Napoleon Hill. One is ‘You can work your own miracle’ and the name of another I can’t recall. However, both these two books are also excellent and highly recommended to all.

This book taught me that human mind is the most important and powerful tool in this world. Through this tool, we can achieve almost anything in life.

Many people are not aware that the son of Napoleon Hill was deaf by birth. However, Napoleon did not admit him to special school for such children. He insisted that his son should study in a normal school. He kept feeding his son with the inputs of positive thoughts and self-confidence. And one day his son regained a partial capacity of hearing by using the process of ‘bone conduction of sound’ (which was unknown at that time). You can read about it in detail in the book ‘You can work your own miracle’.

Here are my favorites inspiring quotes from the works of Napoleon Hill :

“Every adversity, every failure, every misfortune and every defeat has in itself the seed of a greater or equivalent benefit.”

“What human mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve”

“There is nothing which life has to offer is worth the price of worry”

“Life battles don’t go to the fastest or the strongest man, sooner or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can ! “

On this website you can download the PDF version of Think and Grow Rich.

On my website you can download this book in html format (.exe) for free.

Here is the link :

In my opinion whenever any attempt to build a list of best success books of all times will be made, this wonderful book ‘ Think and Grow Rich’ will be in Top ‘3’ Books.

Regards
Eklavya

Hi Lynn!

Postby MsSuccess » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:14 am

8) That is an excellent book. We read it chapter by chapter, week by week in our 30 Day Mental Cleanse class. We read one chapter a week then send in what we got out of each chapter to the person who does the call. On the call several people speak up and say what they got out of that particular chapter and then we all talk about it. It's Masterminding. It's a great way to read the book and to learn so much more by hearing about it through others to hear different points of view that maybe we may not of even thought of. Anyone is welcome to be a part of it. Just go to we'd love to have you on! :D
MsSuccess

Postby 90PercentAttitude » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:37 pm

TAGR is a timeless classic and I can't even begin to express how it has impacted my life.

One of the most astounding things to me after reading it for the first time was the realization as to how many of these priciples had already been at work in my life before I was ever able to place an actual label on them. The book brought clarity and purpose to a lifetime of positive thinking and action based outcomes.

Once I realized what I had been doing all along was an actual method or process, TAGR assisted me in better defining and applying it within my life to an even deeper degree. And as a result, that has also enabled me to motivate and inspire others to achieve levels of success that were previously not within their realm of consciousness.

Most recently, reading it again also inspired another notion of how technology has entered into the realm of what Hill was teaching. To this end, I was moved to create one of my most successful products to date -Mind Mastery Virtual Desktop System. The gratification I have received from people who have implemented this in their lives and experienced powerful results has been awesome!

If empowering yourself to attain your highest potential is part of your action plan, then look no further than my signature below...

Have Fun & Fortune!
Stephanie
90PercentAttitude

Postby skyjoe76 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:19 pm

skyjoe76

Re: The Think and Grow Rich Thread

Postby Chuck_Anthony » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:14 am

Chuck_Anthony

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:01 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby johndilbeck » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:02 pm

I agree; I learn something new every time I read this book.

I just finished re-reading TAGR last month; I've read it at least two times per year for the last 20+ years.

I finally got around to ordering a copy of his "Law of Success" book last month and it's going to take some time to read the approximately 1,000 pages.

If I get even a fraction of what I've gotten from TAGR from the Law of Success, it will be a very valuable investment of a little money and a sizable chunk of time.

I've given TAGR away to several dozen people over the years and many have thanked me for the positive change it made in their lives.

All the best,

JD
johndilbeck

Postby Angela Wills » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:27 pm

Thank you Lynn for the link to the free download of it, I haven't read it but plan to now :)
Angela Wills
Elite Member

Postby skyjoe76 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:56 pm

I'm also got the book Law of Success recently.

Do not intend to read it, but study it. 1/4 into the first chapter, find that it's a book of in-depth success that requires in-depth understanding and thinking.

Truly it is the father of all modern success books.
skyjoe76

Postby Liara Covert » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:57 am

Hi Lynn,
I really liked that book by Napoleon Hill. One of the great things about it is that a person can apply it to financial goals, and yet, a person can also apply it to other areas of life which would benefit from more self-directed learning. I would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it before. I would also encourage people to refer back to it as time goes on. After all, we see and understand differently at different phases of our lives. :lol:
Liara Covert

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:40 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement