[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How Would You Define "Success"? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How Would You Define "Success"?

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

How Would You Define "Success"?

Postby HighSchoolRichKid » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:56 am

This past weekend I was reading a book by Wallace D. Wattles caled "How To Get What You Want."

In that book, in the first chapter, Wattles defines succes as:

"Getting what you want is success."

I really liked that definition. It's simple, focused, and to the point.

Let me ask you, how would you define "success"?
HighSchoolRichKid

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:40 pm

Success can mean alot of different things. I think success is accomplishing goals you set out to achieve.
MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:52 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby midwestmedia » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:22 am

midwestmedia
Elite Member

Postby womaninbiz » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:52 am

Now this is just my opinion,

but I believe that true success is when you are acheiving personal goals and are either earning a comfortable income through your personal venture or are receiving some sort of personal satisfaction as well as active feedback and interaction from those involved or who benefit from a product/service that you are providing.

Again though there are many definitions of success and success can mean different things to different people.

Scharlene
womaninbiz

Postby richrf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:15 am

Hi,

At different stages of life I would have defined success differently. I think this is the same for lots of my friends, who are now changing careers.

At this stage of my life, I don't use the word success anymore, because then one has to deal with failure. I tell my son to live the life he chooses to live. No matter what, it it will not be a success or a failure. It will be what he chooses to do.

Right now, I am developing my domain www.links.com. I have no idea where it is going, which is why I am here. But I haven't set any goals or targets. I would like it to grow. But if it doesn't, I'll still be O.K. with it.

When I was younger, my goal was to grow my savings at a steady rate, never risking principle, thereby taking advantage of compounding. I achieved this by leveraging the skills that I was best in, and never wondering far from my core abilities. What I needed to learn, I learned incrementally, so that my mistakes were small ones. And when I realized that I was getting no where, I did not hesitate to change direction. Never thought of it as a failure, just another experiment.

Rich
richrf

Postby LynnWilson » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:27 am

LynnWilson

Postby Barry Rice » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:13 pm

Success is not something we can win, a place we arrive at, our bank balance, an expensive home, or the job we hold. True success and independence, the kind that does not fade away the moment we achieve it, is a journey.

Success must be part of our on-going walk through life. If our walk is to be full of happiness and self-contentment, it must investigate many interests, experience many emotions, fill many needs, and achieve many pre-set, realistic and planned goals.

Achieving on a daily, weekly and for a lifetime is living through having our own success-supportive goals and taking action - not wishing.
Barry Rice

Postby mr3m » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:54 am

As per my knowledge goes, Success is a Journey - not a destination.

Have a nice 'journey' to you all. And please don't forget the word self-trust before starting anything.

Coz, 'Self-trust is the first secret to Success' - R W Emerson.

Best,
mr3m
Elite Member

Postby TotalLifeSuccess.com » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:36 pm

Success, to me, is the ability to live my life as I choose, connected to someone, contributing something of value, connected to my joy.
TotalLifeSuccess.com

Postby knowledgewealth » Thu May 31, 2007 11:46 pm

success is when your name is in everything but the phone book

www.jksuccess.net
knowledgewealth

Postby jetlady » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:08 am

To me, success is when you have attained that "something" you want in your life, whether it is an object, an event, a condition, a status, or an accomplishment of things you set out to do because you believe you have the capacity and ability to achieve them.

Success is when you can say to yourself, "I have done it," regardless of what others might think. But success is not all good if you use it selfishly or not share it with anybody or everybody.
jetlady

my thoughts

Postby kowhai » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:11 am

kowhai

Postby Duane » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:02 pm

I could write a book about this topic. In fact, I'm planning to.
"Success" is really a complex idea. Do you mean being successful financially, socially, in competition, being considered a success by others, feeling successful about your own accomplishments? What exactly?

To give you my short answer - success means: liking being in the skin you're in!
Duane
Elite Member

as far as I can see

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:06 pm

kowhai

Next

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement