[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hypenated domains and Adsense • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hypenated domains and Adsense

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Hypenated domains and Adsense

Postby guest » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:10 am

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:19 pm

Hi Sandra ;) Somehow I missed this post before now...

Do you have your domain name pointing to a website? Feel free to post your domain names to give us an example...

I tried using file names with and without hyphens and came up with different AdSense results for the same page using a different file name... very interesting.

My suggestion would be to choose your domain name based on one or more of these criteria:

- keywords that pertain to your content
- easy to say/spell/remember
- branding/identity

Once you title the pages and add content, you can then optimize your pages for their primary keywords/phrases. "SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com" obviously doesnt contain MY primary keyword phrase - or any of the keywords I might want to target - yet my main page does display relevant AdSense ads.

Hope this helps ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Sandra » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:25 pm

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the tips! My website address is www.StepByStepFundraising.com. The website will have articles, step by step how-to's, reviews and more for non-profit groups.

I am still in the building stage. Since it is content driven, I have a lot of articles to write. I hope to have it up by Oct. 1st.

Sandra
Sandra
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:37 pm

I imagine AdSense will return much more relevant ads once you have content on the main page ;) As long as you choose a good keyword phrase (or two) to work with, and optimize each page accordingly, you should end up with highly targeted ads.

Welcome to the forum, by the way - great to have you here :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: Hypenated domains and Adsense

Postby Sharon & Roy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:09 pm

Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Postby Sandra » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:11 am

Sandra
Elite Member

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization