This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Link Building

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Link Building

Postby ethanlevin101 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi guys,

I am new in the field of seo. I have a website related to travel and tourism. As a start, i have decided to submit it to a lot of submissions site. Do you think that this will increase the traffic to my site.

Suggestions welcome!!
ethanlevin101

Postby terrapin719 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:41 pm

What do you mean by submission sites? Normally submitting to search engines isn't necessary.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:02 pm

I'm not sure about submissions because like Loretta says, you don't need to submit to search engines. You can start by visiting blogs and/or forums in your niche and leave valuable comments and content.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:32 am

As the others have said, you do not need to submit your site to search engines. However, if there are travel directories, then yes, you could submit your site to those; but I would make sure they are genuine directories (like yellow pages, only for travel and tourism specific) and not a big link farm.

But the best way is to blog about travel and tourism on your site and create content that others will find useful and will want to link to from their sites. That will give you natural backlinks to your site.

Then you could also go to vacation or travel related sections on other forums and help answer people's questions there, and include a link to your site in your signature line. Just make sure you are provide help and contributing to the conversation - not just posting some 'fluff' content just to get your link on the board. ;)

Same is true for other blogs. Post on other travel blogs (even others who may be viewed as a colleague/competitor) to discuss the travel biz, or blogs of folks looking to travel and help answer their questions, like those going on a family vacation... things like that.

For SEO, these are better way to get backlinks to your site.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization