[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Sharon and Roy • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Sharon and Roy

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Sharon and Roy

Postby Ross » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:47 pm

Last edited by Ross on Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ross

Postby flensborg » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:56 am

Hi Ross,

You are still in the top 10 in some of the Google datacenters.

About link popularity

It seems that your competitor has a good deal more inbound links than you.

= 269 inbound links.

= 187 inbound links.

Briefly looking at the first page results I would suggest that you seek out more inbound links, and make sure that they are from more targeted pages/sites than "injection molder, "web design", "database repair" and "multivitamin".

It might not have great influence right now, but Google recently took out a patent where inbound links from related sites should give you better ranking. They also recently acquired Applied Semantics so expect Google to become better at judging the content/theme of sites.

Looking at your source code I suggest you get rid of the many "work at home divider" Image ALT tags because 1) they are not helping your visitors to a better experience, 2) They will all be read out loud to blind people surfing your site and 3) Google could be penalizing for trying to manipulate your SERPS.

Try and put "work at home" at the top of the page in H1 or H2 heading tags.

Because your page is spidered frequently, you should be able to spot the results of your changes fairly quickly.
flensborg

Postby Ross » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:53 am

thanks I will look into your suggestions

But how many blind people search the web for my alt tags to become a hassel to them ?

Those alt tags were put there by my last optimizer I hired.

Inbound links I imagine you are referencing front page links to like content sites?

My 1st optimization company I hired used past clients websites such as steel manufactuers and lots of non related sites to boost my link popularity, so you are saying that inbound links on non related sites could hurt me ?

Reason I am worried about that is I get many sites who have nothing to do with work at home and they will simply place me on their index page and hope that I return the favor, I never do but very rarely do they remove my link.

Ross
Ross

Postby flensborg » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:41 am

flensborg

Ross, You're Back In The Top 10 At #7 AND At #11

Postby Sharon & Roy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:50 pm

Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Postby Ross » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:55 pm

Ross

Postby Sharon & Roy » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:00 pm

Sharon & Roy