[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Keywords • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Keywords

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Keywords

Postby kathleen » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:37 pm

Ok I've being studying all this keyword stuff and reading all the posts by Sharon and Roy and others, and still feel that I only have a shaky grasp on how this all works.
I have a question that may help clear it up for me (and maybe others?).
I have been trying to come up with a 3 or 4 word keyword phrase that I could use to optimize my home page.
For those of you that don't know, my business involves monthly fungrams and crafts. The Fungrams include a personalized letter, some facts and information on the topic, word games relating to the topic, and a craft activity or science project. The craft kits contain directions to make a craft and enough supplies to complete the directions, as well as extras for creative differences.
My dilemma is this: I have yet to find a phrase that encompasses this and still has some daily hits. "Crafts for kids" is a good one, and will be used on one of the pages, but isn't really inclusive enough for the main page. "letters for kids" and "mail for kids" have very few daily searches. "activities for kids" is ok, but again doesn't really cover all of what the site is about.
My orginal thought was "Letters, activities, and crafts for kids" which of course has no searches.
My question is: Does it make sense to optimize the home page for "letters, activities and crafts for kids" anyway, even though it has no searches, because of all the searches that can come out of it such as "letters for kids"."activities for kids", "Crafts for kids" etc. thinking that the combination of all of them would lead to a decent number of hits?
If not, does anyone have any ideas of what other directions I may be able to go with this?

Kathleen
Mail is Fun (coming soon I think)
kathleen

Re: Keywords

Postby flensborg » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:25 pm

flensborg

Postby kathleen » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:36 pm

kathleen

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:47 pm

Henrik... you rock! ;)

~ lurking & learning!
Lynn Terry