[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Do follow and No follow • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Do follow and No follow

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Do follow and No follow

Postby maxlazermarketing » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:30 am

maxlazermarketing

Postby Coderea » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:48 am

Coderea

Postby tknoppe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:04 am

Since I've not seen this same thread copied/pasted multiple times in SSWT, I'll answer the question. ;)

Here's a that addresses the issue of nofollow links and the fact that they are indeed - followed.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:07 am

good reference Traci ;)

A link is a link, and it's working for you in some way, even if it's no-follow.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Coderea » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:12 am

Traci gave me some work..:P

http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-ppc ... ollow.html

http://www.seoworkers.net/search-engine ... ollow.html

http://www.sensonize.com/do-follow-and-no-follow/

http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-ppc ... ollow.html

and there are lot more.!

The questions is not about SPAM..but if he really wants to know it..he can just follow one board..!
Coderea

Postby tknoppe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:26 am

The issue wasn't weather or not the person was asking the same question elsewhere - it was were they posting multiple times here at SSWT.

I don't see anything wrong with seeking a variety of opinions on a subject - but it can border on appearing spammy, depending on how you go about it.

Since I am not a moderator at all those other forums, and don't frequent them regularly, my basis for answering and addressing a question is based solely on what is asked within SSWT - not what is done elsewhere. :)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby Coderea » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:40 am

I agree with you Traci..generally what happens is there are internet marketers who just want to gain backlinks through forums and these are good examples..so just wanted to make others sure about these guys..

Okay..let's close the topic here right now:)
Coderea

Postby tknoppe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:45 am

Oh I'm well aware of that, as are the rest of us moderators: we're on it, believe me. ;) BUT, at the same time, we want to answer & address legitimate questions. So, in this case, legit question - posted & asked just once within SSWT - so answered. ;)

Buy yeah, posting vague questions, or short nonsense replies to other posts is really nothing more than an attempt for backlink love to their own sites. We're well aware of that & are on it & the delete key. ;)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:46 am

I've been using Copyscape to track some of these people doing this myself. It's actually been making me buggy!

It can be a hard call to make, though, if they are not actually violating any rules here. And the funny thing I've also noticed, is that it often leads to an actual 'good' conversation between those of us who do care to be here learning from each other.
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:51 am

Well, we moderate HERE, not elsewhere. So I only concern myself with the rules here at SSWT and their conduct here. ;)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:54 am

It was actually a good thing I started doing that, because, I've deleted a bunch that I've found were copied from websites that specifically say on them not to copy them in any way, shape, or form. eeks
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:04 am

Gotcha! ;)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization