[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - MY SITE NOW DISAPPEARED FROM GOOGLE • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

MY SITE NOW DISAPPEARED FROM GOOGLE

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

MY SITE NOW DISAPPEARED FROM GOOGLE

Postby edwinnyc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:57 am

My site had a ranking of 3 and a positioning of 8-9 for several months on the 1st page of google for my targeted keyword phrases.

( www.restaurantfundingusa.com )

I never submitted this site to any search engines at all, and have not submitted to directories as of yet so do not understand why my site disappeared from the 1st page.

There are alot of broken links which I do not know how to correct as of yet, I developed a site with rapidnichewebistes which uses wordpress to build static looking sites.

Could the problem why my site has disappeared be the broken links or when you click on a link leads to no page, I made a lot of mistakes when I set up my site using wordpress.
edwinnyc

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:58 am

The broken links will definitely cause Google to sit up and take notice. I would recommend fixing them as soon as you can.

Often times, Google does little dances and will actually drop a page or 5 from your site. Not to worry though; they will come back and sometimes in a better position.

Just concentrate on creating a lot of focused, original content and the SE's will love you long time! :lol:

But, do fix those link. :wink:

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Yea...

Postby edwinnyc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:08 pm

edwinnyc

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:25 pm

But once you have the links fixed, simply continue writing excellent content and do it on a consistent basis. The engines will eat it up.

Their job is to provide the searcher with what they are looking for. Targeted content that solves a problem or answers a need is all your site should be about.

That's what people want and the engines are very keen to deliver it to them. Feed those monsters! :lol:

Optimize your pages the best they can be and then move on.

SE's algorithms are constantly changing and, if you are shaken by every little fluctuation, you'll be like a dog chasing his tail. It'll drive you bonkers. :shock:

Have faith in your abilities and strive to fine-tune them, learn all you can and have fun with your business. :wink:

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Baggs » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Baggs

Postby enigmabiz » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:40 am

Broken links may cause Google 950 penalty. Also check for Google ban sites.
enigmabiz

Postby SEOGuy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:37 am

SEOGuy

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization