[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is There A Right Way To Fix A Bad Site? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is There A Right Way To Fix A Bad Site?

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Is There A Right Way To Fix A Bad Site?

Postby gronesy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:53 pm

Hello,

I have a site I set up a while back before I learned much about SEO. I did do keyword and competition analysis. I've added merchant-supplied non-uninque articles to the site but that's about it.

Of course, Google doesn't care much for me and the traffic is reasonably low.

I converted it into a WP affiliate site about 3 months ago.

My question is this: would it be a good idea to hire somebody to update the articles to make them unique as long as I keep the URLs the same?

By updating I mean make enough small changes that they would be seen as different content.

Or should I just get another keyword list together and have somebody write more articles to add to the originals?

What I'm asking is if the non-unique articles will still hurt me even if I have new unique content written for the site?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff
gronesy

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization