[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Now I really done it - Site Disappeared all together from... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Now I really done it - Site Disappeared all together from...

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Now I really done it - Site Disappeared all together from...

Postby edwinnyc » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:38 pm

Now I really done it - Site Disappeared all together from...google did a site operator search and woosh completely gone...:>(

I updated the site alot of broken links I discovered and corrected all that and added a few new pages then went to a free submission source and resubmitted to the list of sites they submit to and thought nothing of it because I have not done any submissions to any search engines for this site for several years like 2 years back

...what is the problem and how could I get it to resurface...

Am I checking correctly to see if it is in google index...

here is site .....www.funclownentertainment.com
edwinnyc

Postby tvanslooten » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 pm

Edwinn:

Web pages come and go all the time in the search engines. The first thing to do is what you've already done - clean up any broken links. I would also go through the pages and make sure everything is optimized for the keywords you're trying to rank for.

I would then start working on getting backlinks to the pages. As you know, there are a variety of things you can do such as article marketing, blogging, podcasting, videos, social bookmarking, etc. etc.

Backlinks are the only way to get the pages back in the search engines!

Travis
tvanslooten
Elite Member

Postby Michelle Waters » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:57 am

I'm not saying this has anything to do with your site disappearing, but I would like to recommend that you do not submit your site to search engines.

Instead, focus on getting those backlinks, making sure your existing links work and creating great content.
Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Thanks and...

Postby edwinnyc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:05 am

edwinnyc

Postby tvanslooten » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:09 pm

I agree with Michelle on this one. There is no need to submit your sites to search engines. They will find you if you work on getting backlinks.

Submitting to the search engines might have been worth the trouble back in the 90's, but with so many resources avaiable today to get backlinks, it's entirely unnecessary.

I haven't submitted one of my sites to the search engines and they all eventually were indexed (and ranked).

Having said that, I do use the Google Sitemap plugin and I do ping Google when I make a new post on my blogs.

Travis
tvanslooten
Elite Member

Postby MrCat » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:18 pm

MrCat

warning sswt members....All I did was...

Postby edwinnyc » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:38 pm

edwinnyc

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization