[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Article Marketing: Which Article Directory do you submit to? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Article Marketing: Which Article Directory do you submit to?

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Article Marketing: Which Article Directory do you submit to?

Postby jessica212 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:08 am

Submitting Articles to article websites have multiple purposes and the quantity of quality content that is now being spread all over the web has exploded in recent years.

I still remember the initial days of the "Giants in Article Directories". Back in the year 2002 I still remember that Ezine Articles which is one of the most respected Article Directory only had around 14000 Authors and now they are way over 90000 Authors with more then a Million articles in there database.

The trend is picking up. But how to decide which Article Directory is best for you.

A few good Article Submission Direcotories are ;

Which website do you submit to and what are your reason for submission and yes how many articles you submit in a week.

Jessica
jessica212

Postby laurie » Fri May 30, 2008 9:46 pm

laurie
Elite Member

Postby valg » Sat May 31, 2008 7:35 pm

valg

Postby TracyR » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 am

Hey Laurie,

www.ladypens.com is another great place to submit articles to.
TracyR
Elite Member

Postby laurie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:51 pm

Tracy,

You're right. I tend to forget about them!

Also, I meant article city, not gocity. :(
laurie
Elite Member

Postby jessica212 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:51 pm

jessica212

Postby matt.bush » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:12 am

matt.bush

Postby jessica212 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:31 am

jessica212

Postby MrCat » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:30 am

Just one advice - if its possible, just make a summary of your main article and use it in article directory submission. Sort of like a teaser to your main article in your site - this is one goood way also to draw traffic to your site.
MrCat

Postby tvanslooten » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:16 pm

I used to submit to the major article directories already mentioned here as well - with EzineArticles.com being the main source of my "article traffic."

However, I've discovered a service that has been working wonders for me and I honestly don't know what I'd do without it now! This service submits your articles primarily to blogs but also to article directories. All told, your article gets submitted to roughly 600 blogs and directories.

Here's the hook, however, and what makes it so powerful. Instead of submitting one article, you submit 3 versions of the same article to this service. This part of the process is a pain in the neck as you basically have to rewrite your main article twice (for a total of 3 articles). But then the system mixes and matches your articles to create literally dozens of different versions so that in the end, the system submits dozens of unique versions of your articles to these blogs and directories.

I was VERY skeptical of this service but gave it try for one month. Over the course of just 6 weeks - submitting one article per week to the system - a newly launched website not ony got indexed, it got a PR1 rating and loads of traffic! The system has been so effective, that I don't even submit to any other directory anymore (except EzineArticles). I let this system do everything for me and the results have been amazing.

It isn't cheap though...it costs $47/month. However, I have recouped my costs several times over with the traffic and rankings it has given my sites. I don't mean to sound like a commercial here, but it honestly has been the most amazing "tool" I've spent money on. I don't know how long it will keep working like this, but I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

The system is called Unique Article Wizard. Here are the links to learn more about it:

- Affiliate Link

- Non Affiliate Link

P.S. If you have any WordPress blogs, you can grab the Unique Article Wizard plugin (it's free) and have the articles it creates automatically posted in your blogs for daily, unique content. I haven't used it yet but I am planning on launching some blogs to test it out. It might work great for AdSense sites.

Travis
tvanslooten
Elite Member

Postby DonDare » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi.

I think it's good to begin with ezinearticles as they rank the best. Your article will get on google index in a matter of hours/day since publishing.

Then publish it on other article directories with services like JetSubmitter (I'm sure there's lot more) to submit it automatically for you to over 500 other article directories.
DonDare

Postby Shaye ~ proud wahm » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:44 pm

Shaye ~ proud wahm

Postby opio » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:20 pm

I sort of stepped away from article directories, I use a handful when needed, but i guess it depends on what you're goal is. Blogging, like everyone says unique content is king...

I would suggest you set a few little free blogs with your keywords in the domain, [keyword, keyword-phrase].blogspot.com (there are a ton others) and post snippets of articles relating to that niche but linking back to your main site for the full article. Of course switch the words around, maybe remove a paragraph or sentence, try your best to keep it different from the main article, but use it as bait to lure people to your 'Main' site...

Article directories are good too, but this will allow you to start the process of dominating your niche of choice, unless of course your niche is over-saturated like 'ringtones' or something...

hope this helps... just my 2 cents...
opio

Postby tess47 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:26 pm

tess47

Postby Dustie » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:20 am

Hi Jessica

I have used article marketing as my main method for building my business and I try and do 2 a week, that sometimes doesn't always happen though!

I like to submit different versions of my articles to the following directories:

- You need to apply by email and submit a sample of your work. But it is well worth the effort.
- To apply to be accepted as an author you need to email andrew@evancarmichael.com. Include the topic you would like to be considered an expert for and mention that I, Cynthia Minnaar, referred you.

I also use (aff link) and take advantage of the Article Leverage System that submits different versions of your article to the directories.

Cheers
Dustie
Dustie

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization