[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Tips In Choosing which Directories to Submit to • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Tips In Choosing which Directories to Submit to

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Tips In Choosing which Directories to Submit to

Postby MrCat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:53 am

MrCat

Postby cooluks » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:38 am

Because high PR directories have somewhat quality in the eyes of Google...
cooluks

Postby MrCat » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Have to agree with that. It is also an indication that the owner is doing his SEO properly ;)
MrCat

Postby lilika » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:01 am

Is it just me or have I seen this before in another forum..? Anyway, it's true and it's a very good advice for us beginners in SEO. Thanks for sharing this! :)

Well for me;
* manually submission beats auto dir submissions, and
* doing free submissions rather than paying for them

Hope to hear more advice from you 8)
lilika

Postby MrCat » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:19 pm

I did post this on other forums ;) But I'm not the typical "post and abandon" type, lols...

Would like to pick the brains of different webmasters. I am planning on writing an article based on other recommendations from these threads :D
MrCat

Postby website_seo » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:58 am

One should submit to directories related to your business theme or niche.

In case your niche directories are not available, then one should always submit within the best niche category.

Take for example, if there is no category "web promotion", then you can include a web promotion link within Web Development category.

Similarly you need to make sure that you are submitting your website to the best related category.

Along with this you should try not to repeat your anchor text while submitting your link. Always change your anchor after 5-10 submissions, and make sure that you do not repeat those anchor text.
website_seo

Postby MrCat » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:24 pm

Top advise ^ buddy...

Varying anchor texts would make the backlinks look more natural in the eyes of the SE bots :D
MrCat

Postby earn » Fri May 23, 2008 3:58 am

earn

Postby MrCat » Fri May 23, 2008 11:47 am

MrCat

Postby Say yebo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:29 pm

I like to pick relevant directories from greatdirectories.org and hand-submit. They tell you the page ranks and make the whole thing really easy.
Say yebo

Postby tvanslooten » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:49 pm

I'll just throw one more little tidbit that is absolutely imperative for a webmaster like myself and that is all directories must be SEO-friendly. Almost all the "good" directories are but sometimes you will run across some that use the nofollow tags :x

If you are manually submitting to link directories, here is a terrific resource for SEO friendly link directories. I used it a lot until I started outsourcing my link submissions.

http://info.vilesilencer.com/main.php?r ... y-list.php

Travis
tvanslooten
Elite Member

Postby Say yebo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:32 pm

Say yebo

Postby tvanslooten » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:39 pm

tvanslooten
Elite Member

Postby Say yebo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:16 am

Thanks Travis...I'll check that out.
Say yebo