[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How to Build and Maintain Traffic Momentum For Your Website • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to Build and Maintain Traffic Momentum For Your Website

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How to Build and Maintain Traffic Momentum For Your Website

Postby Dale King » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:26 am

Momentum is "the perceived strength behind a forward shift or positive action or movement." The problem with momentum is that it can be both elusive and fleeting. So what does any of this have to do with traffic? Everything. Let me explain. If you know what you're doing, you can not only create traffic momentum for your website, you can maintain it as well.

However, he key is knowing what you're doing. That's why constantly analyzing your raw data logs is so important. They will tell you exactly what your prospects are most interested in. For example, my log files indicate that copywriting, internet marketing and article marketing are the three most popular destinations on my website. It's uncanny how that hasn't varied in nearly two years. So everyday, before I do anything else, I add fresh, relevant content to those three areas of my website.

So how can you gain traffic momentum by analyzing your logs? By doing the same thing I do. If you continually refresh your website with the kind of relevant information that your visitors are searching for, they will return to your website again and again. More importantly, they will bring their friends with them, which is an added bonus.

It's sort of like positive reinforcement. Positive reinforcement means rewarding your visitors for doing something you want them to do. In this case, visiting your website. You reward their actions by giving them more relevant content, because that reward makes your visitors more likely to repeat that same behavior in the future. Animals have long been trained in this manner. But instead of information, animals are rewarded with edible treats. Positive reinforcement is a powerful method for influencing your visitors behavior and building and maintaining traffic momentum.

In order to build and maintain traffic momentum for your website, it's important to think long-term as opposed to short-term. For example, running a classified ad that expires after a few days is a short-term solution that will not create any permanent links back to your site. Pay-per-click advertising is another short-term method that will not provide you with any long-term benefits.

Now I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't use pay-per-click advertising or classified ads to promote your website. That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is, the best way to build and maintain traffic momentum is to do things that will create long-lasting and permanent links back to you site. For example, I write articles and publish them on my website. I also distribute my articles and allow them to be published on other websites as well. Why? Because writing articles is a dependable method of generating traffic to your website and creating those all important inbound links. I know that for a fact, because I do it every single day.

In addition, I post on various internet marketing forums, and I've attracted tens of thousands of visitors to my website as a direct result of my forum postings. Posting on forums also creates inbound links to your website.

Building traffic momentum essentially means hard work and patience. It means taking the time, and making a consistent effort to build and maintain your traffic. You must take consistent action every single day by writing articles, adding fresh, relevant content to your website or blog, post in forums and get as many quality, relevant links pointing back to your website as possible.

In closing, use the long-term traffic-building techniques I suggest in this article, and you will eventually reap the rewards of more traffic.
Dale King

Postby KansasDragon » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:17 pm

KansasDragon

Postby Dale King » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Dale King

Postby marketraisecorp » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:20 am

Thanks Dale that was one gem of an article.Even I too believe in the concept of SEO being the prime tool for web-marketing.In the long run SEO is perhaps the most secured mode of marketing.PPC and paid advertising is good to a certain extent but on a whole it has got to be SEO.The final results are extremely rewarding.
There was one question that I would want an answer for.Why do people consider Alexa to be unimportant,even though I think a bit differently.
marketraisecorp

Postby Dale King » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:29 am

Dale King

Postby tess47 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:51 pm

It does take hard work and patience to get noticed by the search engines, but is well worth the effort and time.

Giving your visitors interesting and relevant information is a MUST to keep them coming back! People don't realize the importance of updating their site regularly and adding good content often.

Also, as you mentioned, posting in forums and writing articles are two of the very best ways to get links to your site, which is important for its ranking!

You have some wonderful advice, Dale. I know you are doing well in your business!

Keep up the good work :D I love reading your posts!

Tess

tess47

Postby Dale King » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Dale King

Postby wheatstraw » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:47 pm

wheatstraw

Postby marketraisecorp » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:20 am

marketraisecorp

Postby MrCat » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:39 am

You guys should also take a look at quantcast.com for an open source on traffic stats.

I have found it to be helpful as well like alexa.
MrCat

Postby cooluks » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:23 am

cooluks

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization