[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Former Google Hater Turns Google Lover Overnight • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Former Google Hater Turns Google Lover Overnight

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Former Google Hater Turns Google Lover Overnight

Postby Dale King » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:41 am

It's true. I've hated Google for years. I've always been a Yahoo guy. For some strange reason, I've always resented Google's search engine dominance. Why? Well that's between me and my therapist. But that's not important. What is important is that I no longer hate Google. So why the sudden change of heart? I thought you'd never ask.

I've always been a firm believer that you shouldn't put all of your marketing eggs into one basket. For years I've been preaching that you shouldn't depend predominately on Google for your search engine traffic. You should instead attempt to get more traffic from other search engines like Yahoo and MSN.

Well, I've also been a firm believer in admitting when you're wrong. And today, I'm saying it loud and clear. I'VE BEEN WRONG ABOUT GOOGLE! Forget about Yahoo and MSN. When it comes to delivering traffic consistently, nothing beats Google. Look, I'm not trashing Yahoo, MSN, Ask or the various other search engines out there. But I'm a numbers guy and the numbers don't lie. Let me explain. I recently analyzed my traffic logs for the last twelve months, and I noticed something interesting. A year ago, only 20 percent of my traffic was coming from Google.

In fact, the majority of my traffic was coming from Yahoo and MSN. But each and every month since then, the amount of traffic I've been receiving from Google has been steadily increasing. Today over 80 percent of my traffic is being generated by Google. That's a huge jump. And my Yahoo, MSN and ASK traffic is negligible. In fact, I'm actually receiving more traffic from Stumbleupon.com, than Yahoo, MSN and ASK combined.

At first I thought my huge jump in Google traffic must be some sort of anomaly. But I checked with a few of my colleagues and they informed me that the great majority of their traffic is being generated by Google as well. So what have I been doing differently in the last year, to start receiving so much more traffic from Google? That's just it. I haven't really done anything special at all. All I've done is continue to add fresh, relevant content to my website every single day. That's it. Google is rewarding me with extra traffic, simply for doing what I'm supposed to do anyway - add fresh, relevant content to my website daily.

Now think about that for a second. There aren't any stupid politics involved for me to get that extra traffic. And there aren't any strings attached. More importantly, there aren't any costs involved either. Google is rewarding me with lots of extra traffic, and top search results for my keyword phrases and it's not costing me a dime.

And the extra traffic is easy to get if you're willing to put in a little work and play by the rules. Instead of looking for the latest and greatest traffic-generating gimmicks, angles and schemes, simply play by the rules, keep your website updated with fresh, relevant content and if you're patient, you will be rewarded with more and more traffic.

That's a guaranteed recipe for success that I'm going to continue to folllow, and if you're serious about increasing your traffic numbers, I'd advise you to do the same.

In closing, Google is a huge "traffic cow," and you should milk it for all it's worth!
Dale King

Postby cooluks » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:26 am

That's cool. You're now a converted Google disciple.. Lol.
cooluks

Postby Dale King » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:55 am

Dale King

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization