[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Which is best for seo- wordpress,xsitepro, or sbi? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Which is best for seo- wordpress,xsitepro, or sbi?

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Which is best for seo- wordpress,xsitepro, or sbi?

Postby Learning » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:38 am

Hi-
I confess that I am a bit confused. I have read about seo and about all 3 of these ways to make a site while optimizing pages to be found.

Some people say that wordpress has awesome plug ins that are essential for web 2.0 and therefore it is best to have a wordpress blog for optimization purposes. Then others say that xsitepro has the seo features needed to build the site optimized (and that wordpress does not have these features). Is this true?
Also- can we use both xsitepro and wordpress on a site?
I have seen people say that xsitepro is not a keyword analyzer just a website builder and that even if we have xsitepro we stil need to learn how to optimize in order to be found by the search engines.
Then there are those that say that sbi does all the seo that you need on your site and that you don't need to learn seo with sbi.
Could someone please help me understand which is best? :)
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Eren
Learning
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Wordpress is the free one. The other two cost money, XSitePro is a web site builder. SBI is a package that includes all you need to get on the net, guess which one is the most expensive?

Wordpress comes in two flavors hosted at www.wordpress.com which has restrictions on the monetizing of the site and self-hosted at www.wordpress.org for which you need a domain name and web host, but has no restrictions on what you do with the site.

I have not personally used XSitePro, but have read many good things about it both at SSWT and other internet sites. There is learning curve with any of the three . Only you know which is best for you.

Personally I would start out with the Freebies, namely wordpress.com or www.blogger.com and see if Blogging interests you.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby Learning » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:35 pm

The whole thing is that I truly don't want to start with one venue and then have to change later on. I want to start off and keep going with the best choice.
Wordpress is the less costing choice but is it the best option to get me traffic?
Eren
Learning
Elite Member

Postby Diannef » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:15 pm

I have wordpress websites and I have XSite Pro websites, and I have some sites with both .. yes, it did take me a while before I made the leap and purchased XSite Pro, however for ease of use and all the advanced tricks that it can do as a more experienced user, it's second to none.

XSite Pro is not a keyword anaylzer, yet it will give you a step by step and page by page report of everything that you need to do to your website for SEO purposes. Once you input your keywords XSP will tell you about your keyword density and tell you if you're on the right track - ie: if you need a keyword in your page title etc.

One of the first sites that I built with XSP (although regrettably is no longer online), hit a Google PR of 5 within days, and stayed there. Additionally it was among the first listings in the SERPS for several of it's keywords.

However, you still need to know what keywords to use which requires some extra research on your part. There are plenty of keyword analysis tools out there!

~ Dianne ~
Diannef

Postby nar321 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:56 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby James Schramko » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Last edited by James Schramko on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
James Schramko

Re: Which is best for seo- wordpress,xsitepro, or sbi?

Postby Sharon & Roy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:08 am

Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Postby annalaurabrown » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:41 pm

annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:20 pm

Bonnie Lowe

Postby Learning » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:45 pm

Hey everybody- thanks so much for the responses. I didn't answer earlier because my uncle died of a heart attack and I was consoling my cousin ( who is also my best friend) all week. :(
On another note:
I have decided to try out xsitepro since it seems a bit easier to learn and do the onsite optmization at first. But- as Roy said - in a word- wordpress. I am definietly willing to learn how to use and optimize wordpress for my blog. I just think that the learning curve is a bit longer with wordpress than with xsitepro. I know that I will have to download the plugins and figure out how to use each one. So I will defnietly be slowly learning wordpress and xsitepro.
Again - I'd like to thank you all. :D
Eren
Learning
Elite Member

Postby James Schramko » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:20 pm

Good Luck Eren.

Remember you can always combine them later on to make a very powerful site.

Regards

James
James Schramko

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization