[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Do You Use Social Bookmarking? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Do You Use Social Bookmarking?

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Do You Use Social Bookmarking?

Postby Daniel Cassidy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:55 pm

Is it me or is social bookmarking not all that it is hyped up to be?

I have been using OnlyWire and StumbleUpon and Digg to bookmark my blog posts and articles and hardly see any traffic from it.

I have though seen my bookmarks show up in search results for certain keywords. I think the only real use of it is the SEO benefit of backlinks from an authority site.

Although I wonder if it is really that great of a backlink considering anyone can do it themselves without having someone to do it for them which is a true backlink.
Daniel Cassidy

Postby Getagrip » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:56 am

Getagrip

Postby cooluks » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:13 pm

cooluks

Postby edysby » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:43 am

Social Bookmarking is a good way to generate traffic. I am using stumble upon, digg and reddit. When I post new content, I post review on those site. THe result, my site has many traffics which come from those site.
edysby
Elite Member

Postby Daniel Cassidy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:07 pm

I am just not seeing the tons of traffic from these sites that people talk about. I guess it depends on what type of content you submit. StumbleUpon to me is no better then Traffic Exchange hits. It's really fast untargeted traffic.
Daniel Cassidy

Postby Craig » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:18 am

Daniel,

I started a new site on Nov 14th and as a test run I used
SocialMarker.com to post my site on about 15
social sites. I added a further 1 site every 2 days.

This is the only promotion I have done to this site.

I am currently on page 1 of google for both my keyword phrases
( #7 and #9 ) in a fairly competitive niche.
Both phrases get over 100,000 results in Google.

I think the benifit is not for the traffic from them but the fact they provide quality
links back to your site giving you a higher ranking and therefore increased traffic.

Give SocialMarker.com a try.

Cheers,

Craig
Craig

Social Bookmarking

Postby earn » Wed May 21, 2008 5:31 am

Social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to store, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web pages on the Internet with the help of meta data or keywords. If you place your links well, they will spread to a lot many websites without much effort on your part. This ensures that the traffic to your website increases and also it is posiible to have quick indexing by the search engines.
earn

Re: Do You Use Social Bookmarking?

Postby JosephRatliff » Wed May 21, 2008 12:11 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby lilika » Sat May 24, 2008 2:13 am

Social Bookmarking sites definitely drives traffic to your site. It also helps newly created sites/pages to get indexed faster.

Have you tried Digg? It's also good and make a lens in Squidoo. :)
lilika

Use Social Bookmarking

Postby earn » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:34 am

Social bookmarking ia a method for internet user to share their website with all because these bookmarking are social community sites and the more effective sites are Twitter, Diggo, Stumble upon etc.
These will help you in getting

Good Traffic

Quality Back links.

Conversions/Sales.

Publicity for Our Client Url.

Doing S.B.M We can increase Google Page rank of Our Client URL.

http://www.workathomegoldrush.com/
earn

Postby website_seo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:59 am

Social Bookmarking sites definitely helps, specially if u want to make your new page crawled.
website_seo

Postby James Schramko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:52 am

You can rank pages very quickly using social bookmarks. They are very powerful for getting SEO results even if the traffic is not ideal.
James Schramko

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization