[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What's Up with Google? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What's Up with Google?

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What's Up with Google?

Postby cynthiap » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:02 am

Something weird happening at Google.

I rank on page 1 of Google for the term "Candida" on this site and page.
http://www.holistichelp.net/candida.html

I move up and down on page 1 like a yoyo. Sometimes I hold the #2 position and sometimes I hold the #7 position. So I've been working really hard getting incoming links to that page so I can stabilize my position. So I've been monitoring this keyword phrase quite a bit.

Yesterday something I've never seen before happened. I went to Google and typed in the term "candida" and my site was no longer in there SERPS at all. Neither were any of the other sites that usually rank with me on the first page.

These were the results that were there.

Screenshot of Top of the page
http://www.holistichelp.net/Candida-Goo ... nshot3.jpg
Screenshot of Bottom of the page
http://www.holistichelp.net/Candida-Goo ... nshot4.jpg

I was horrified that I was not in the results and couldn't believe my eyes. I went back a few minutes later and typed in the word "candida" and now my site was there and so were all the other people who usually rank with me.

Here are the results that were there in the second search. You'll now notice that my site is in the #7 position.

Screen shot of Top of the Page
http://www.holistichelp.net/Candida-Goo ... enshot.jpg
Screen shot of Bottom of the page
http://www.holistichelp.net/Candida-Goo ... nshot2.jpg

As you can see these are 2 entirely different set of search results. I went back to Google many times yesterday and monitored this search term. All day long it would switch back and forth between the two sets of search results. Sometimes, the second set was there with my site and sometimes it was the other set.

You'll also notice that many of the urls in the first set contain links to Googles book search.

Has anyone ever seen this happen before?

Geez, I've worked so hard to maintain this keyword. It's just heartbreaking to disappear completely. It really impacted my traffic and my adsense sales. What are they doing?

:cry:
cynthiap

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:14 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby cynthiap » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:54 pm

Well, before you do, can you tell me if you have ever seen this happen or known of it to happen to others?
cynthiap

Postby robert adams » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:58 pm

I would think that google would be the best place for information on this.
Have you contacted them? what did they say?
roberrt
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:05 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby cynthiap » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:34 pm

cynthiap

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization