[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - A Tag Question - Which Works Best? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

A Tag Question - Which Works Best?

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

A Tag Question - Which Works Best?

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:10 am

As PPC has become a bottomless hole into which my bank account empties (sordid details ) I need to focus on SEO.

I have decided to start with .

I have some information to work with, but I am wondering about the
<i></i> tags and the <em></em> tags. Also the <b></b> or the <strong></strong> tags.

Which ones grab the search engines by the throat and scream, "Look at me! I am important!" :roll:

Or do the search engines not really care? :?:

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby Mommyland » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:40 pm

I honestly don't think any of those matter in any way I believe its the H1 (only one on page) then h2 and sometimes H3 But I ave heard that its best to use H2 instead of H3.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby TheDivaLady » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:34 pm

TheDivaLady

Postby Mommyland » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:10 am

That was probably one of the best courses I took.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:48 am

Hi Sandi,

Those two sets of tags are basically the same. Most important is the relevance and quality of your content, and the quality of the links pointing to your pages. Obviously you want to optimize each individual page of your site, but dont overwhelm yourself with smaller details. Focus mainly on the content & links. To optimize your pages, see:

:arrow:

Keep it simple! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization