[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hello, Require your kind expertise. SEO. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hello, Require your kind expertise. SEO.

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Hello, Require your kind expertise. SEO.

Postby EbakvakSEO77 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:09 am

EbakvakSEO77

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:32 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby bs28723 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:41 pm

Ivan,
Are you asking about Newbie questions for your FAQ?

If that is the case, how about...

What is SEO?
Why should I care?
How important is my domain name in SEO?
What are keywords and how do I tell the Search Engine where to find them?
Now that I have Keywords, where do I put them?
How many times do I need to list the keyword per page?

How many links should I have going to my site? Does it need to be from different sites? or can I have 2 sites point to each other 20 times?

How bad are outbound links?

Is it more important to have a large number of links to your site, or fewer from some already highly ranked sites?

If you are looking for more newbie-ish (I think I just made this word up :) ) the above list is a start. If you were looking for some more advanced questions try ...

Do the search engines give more credibility to keywords in normal text or in header (H1, h2, etc)?
How important are keywords in links or image file names? or is this overkill if I already have keyword in other more strategic places?

Do search engines care if the linked text is "click here" or content that might contain a keyword or phase?

Is it better to have few pages with more content per page, or fewer pages?

Anyway, not sure if that is what you were asking, but might get you started.

Love to see what you come up with.
bs28723

Postby EbakvakSEO77 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:05 pm

EbakvakSEO77

Postby EbakvakSEO77 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:33 pm

O boy, you killed it with some of those questions =))), for some of it I do not have the answers. As we like to call it is the technical side, while I dont really engage in anything other then writing =)))

Our target is primarily marketing, sales people and decision makers, however some technical questions are wonderful, thank you =).

What is SEO?
Why should I care?

Search Engine Optimization is an active practice of achieving website visibility on major search engines via consumer determined keywords. To put it into more practical words – prospects find you when they are ready to buy.

How important is my domain name in SEO?

Depends on search engine:
Google:
The closer it is to flagship keyword you are targeting the better, however rankings can be achieved without having a matching domain name.

MSN(LIVE)
A lot more weight then Google, so the closer it is the better.

Yahoo:
Not sure =))))

What are keywords and how do I tell the Search Engine where to find them?

Keyword is a word or a string of words with which the search is conducted. Whenever anyone enters words into the search box, they are entering keywords.

Search engines release automatic software called search enignes spiders which analyze the site/page and determine its relevancy in relation to a certain topic by the amount of keywords it has, considering what is known "location and frequency"

Now that I have Keywords, where do I put them?

Within your navigation, headings, subheading, written content.

How many times do I need to list the keyword per page?

A good amount(at least for us) is the density of 3%, while it is also important to keep in mind Latent Semantic Indexing - meaning if your keyword is car, you have to have vehicle, automobile and so on at least once within the text.

How many links should I have going to my site?

The more the better, there isnt a limit.

Does it need to be from different sites?

Yes it has to come from different websites.

can I have 2 sites point to each other 20 times?

I wish I could answer it =) let me shot it back at you, can they?

How bad are outbound links?

Is it more important to have a large number of links to your site, or fewer from some already highly ranked sites?

High ranking, relevant sites are better.

Do the search engines give more credibility to keywords in normal text or in header (H1, h2, etc)?

H1, H2 - are very very important and you have to make sure you have a healthy amount of keywords in there.

How important are keywords in links or image file names?

Links are very important. Images and filenames have their share of influence as well.

Do search engines care if the linked text is "click here" or content that might contain a keyword or phase?

They do, especially Google. If you sell BMW 6 and a prominent site placed a link to you under BMW 6 your visibility will increase quite a bit.

Is it better to have few pages with more content per page, or fewer pages?

I guess you meant fewer pages with more content or less content and more pages.

I do not know first hand, however our website does not have that many pages, while it is number 1 for many important keywords, due to inbound links. So my guess would be, at least with google - links are king.

Are your services guaranteed?
Do you use spam/blackhat methods?
What exactly do you DO?
Why type of ROI can I expect?

- All of our clients are on the first page within their respective industries.
- We only engage in ethical techniques and never put our clients at risk.
- We drive targeted visitors to your website via the search enignes, which allow you to capitalize and increase your online revenue shares.
- This depends on 2 key factors.

• Industry
• Competition

The more competitive the field - the harder it is to rank, taking more time to attain desired results, however success is rewarded by stable returns. Less competitive fields may take less time to rank, but more time to produce revenues.

For example:
Optimization for “hp pavilion laptop” will take a good chunk of time, but due to vast market it will payoff itself in a short period after optimization. Easier - “bridge expansion joints” will be fairly easy to rank for, but will take longer time to generate returns due to a smaller market.

Competition, demand and initial position analysis must be conducted in order to make accurate, factual estimates.

Thanks for wonderful questions.
EbakvakSEO77

Postby EbakvakSEO77 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:43 pm

Thank you for participation again, I have couple more questions =)))

If it is possible, could you please ask me questions from:

1. Marketing/Sales perspective.
2. Technical side.

Would greatly appreciate your input!!!

Good day.
Ivan.
EbakvakSEO77

SEO

Postby jadvd » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:23 pm

If you want to view your website on top of the Search Engine Ratings then you have to manage your SEO operation properly. It will help you to get more traffic on your website. To get the best result from SEO you have to implement all the SEO techniques properly as well as you have to know how and where you require these techniques on your website.
jadvd

Postby AlexNewell » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:07 am

Ivan

Supposing I have a web business I would want to know what you are going to offer me and how much it costs.

Do you charge on a monthly basis?
How long do I need to hire you?

Are you guaranteeing an increase in traffic or sales or subscriptions, or turnover or....

As a business owner I do not want to hear of Search Engine Optimisation I want to hear of "Sales Engine Optimisation" - You would have to tell me what benefits you would give me.

I don't care about being on the front page of google for some long tail keyword that gets very little traffic

Why should I hire you rather than spend the same money on Advertising elsewhere?

Do you use Link brokers?

Do you work entirely within Google's TOS?

Enough?
:P

Alex
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization