[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - SEO & RSS Feeds • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

SEO & RSS Feeds

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

SEO & RSS Feeds

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:26 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Baggs » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:47 pm

Baggs

Postby CorpRebel » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:26 am

Hi Lynn,

This has become my summer project ... playing around with this RSS (syndicated) content.

I'm using which has been out quite a bit longer than RSSEqualizer. But the functionality seems to be similar.

But it's soooo Koool! :lol:

Basically you need the software to convert the RSS/XML code to SSI. Then you can insert the SSI wherever you like in your pages just like you would with any other SSI code.

The biggest challenge is to find enough good feeds that are updated frequently to use so that you can have relatively unique content. Obviously these aren't TOTALLY unique but unless your subject area is something BIG like Internet Marketing, you're chances are good that the content isn't all that duplicated. Am I Making ANY sense?? :roll:

An example of how I'm using it (in a small way so far) is on my new search engine site . Click on the Internet News link (upper right) and you'll see the news feeds I'm using. The SE isn't the prettiest around as I'm a bit challenged in website design but I've got some interesting plans for it! :wink:

I love the potential of this if done right. The trick, I believe, is to keep mixing things up with different content sources. If you have lots of truly original content then that's even better. Mix it around. Add some PPCs like to the mix along with your own promotions.

My 3 cents anyhoooo ....

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)

P.S. A good example of someone mixing syndicated content with PPCs and other feeds (like Amazon.com) is . The designer of BlogBomb uses this as an example of what can be done.
CorpRebel

RSS

Postby AaronC » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:20 pm

AaronC

What about RSS and Traffic Hurricane?

Postby equinox77 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:41 am

equinox77

Postby Anita DeFrank » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:22 am

And to think I thought I had a brilliant new idea. Thats what I get for thinking anyway, huh? :roll:

So here's the deal and what I'm thinking. I have one site that I came across that I'm just going to use as an example. I don't think this one is updated enough that I'd actually use it.

http://r144.com/homebusinessnews.htm

Now, they say you can add their feeds to your site here:
http://r144.com/syn.htm

And you'll have to forgive the non-techie here but...how do you do this??

Thanks!

Anita :)
Anita DeFrank

about RSS

Postby equinox77 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:45 pm

Hi All! :D

I got this information about Traffic Hurricane from Stephen Pierce: http://www.traffichurricane.com/spierce/upgrade

Watch the available video, it doesn't seem that hard to understand.

Another similar program is http://www.trafficturbocharger.com/

To learn more about RSS feeds, go here: http://www.lockergnome.com/ and enter the forums. It doesn't seem like the technology is all that hard to implement and I think it does show lots of promise.

However, I don't think I would get the free model since building a website takes dedication and I would want to receive the proceeds from AdSense.

BTW, I just posted the above for discussion, I have no financial interest.

equinox77
equinox77

Postby mylos » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:06 am

Hello All!

You can see how I use RSS Equalizer on my site. I'm testing it out
to see how spider often will come and will I receive some traffic ...

Regards
Milos N.
mylos

Postby Anita DeFrank » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:49 pm

Anita DeFrank

Postby wahmjennie » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:00 pm

wahmjennie

Postby wahmjennie » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:29 pm

wahmjennie

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:40 am

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Jennie!

You'll have to keep us posted as to when this book is released ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wahmjennie » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:22 pm

o.k. the latest on the RSS SEO ebook, I got an email today that said:

"You will be getting the first copy available to the public. that alone will give you a 2 week jump on any one else. Hopefully it will be done in 2 weeks."

I am soooo excited, I'll post it here when I recieve it and I'll be doing a review at my blog for those of you interested.

AND you will get the review 2 weeks before anyone else, so BE PREPARED!

-Jennie
wahmjennie

Hi Everyone

Postby zapme » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:45 pm

zapme

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:55 pm

Hello Zap & Welcome!

I'd be interested in hearing results from each of these programs as well. Anyone up for sharing details?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization