[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Who uses article marketing? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Who uses article marketing?

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Who uses article marketing?

Postby oregongal » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:37 pm

I have found article marketing to be very beneficial to getting traffic to my site. I find myself writing new articles and submitting them. I seem to get the most referrals from Ezine Articles. Also, I'm sure the backlinks have helped me with SEO.

I do other things, but this is my favorite. What is yours?
Diane
oregongal

Postby JosephRatliff » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:11 pm

Blogs and article marketing...along with Squidoo...are my favorites.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby adavant » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:11 pm

I do so as well. I am a writer and ghostwrite articles for those who don't feel comfortable writing for themselves.
adavant

Postby tess47 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:28 pm

I too find article marketing to be VERY beneficial to getting visitors to your website. It is also key to getting good SEO

I also like to exchange links with others and submit to directories. I believe the key to getting better SEO is links, links, links! Posting on forums is extremely beneficial also.

One more thing, if any of you haven't done it, I would HIGHLY suggest you do. Submit your website services and products to Google Base - it's extremely important, and will send many more visitors to your site, meaning more possible sales!

Tess

Christmas shopping? Shop with Us! Great Products, Even Better Prices!
tess47

Postby Miderno » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:16 pm

Miderno

Postby Michael Ellis » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:02 pm

Article marketing works very well and I depend on it quite a lot. However, I found some techniques work better than others...

I see a lot of people outsourcing their article writing and trying to get their articles out to the directories in pure volume (several, even dozens, per day). This technique never worked for me.

I don't have anything against outsourcing, but I've found that the key is to write useful , interesting and on-topic (with your target audience) articles. These articles take time to produce - and you're NOT likely to find them being written for 5 bucks a piece from someone on one of those freelance sites.

For example… I had one good article bring in more than 20k uniques in one month - from just submitting it to a couple article directories. That's pretty good for me. I know of others that can do even better. I also had 100 unique articles (which I purchased for $5 each) submitted in bulk over a 30 day period that ended up generating less than 1000 unique visits. Big difference.

Michael
Michael Ellis

Re: Who uses article marketing?

Postby iceforever.diamonds » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:25 pm

iceforever.diamonds

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:06 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby iceforever.diamonds » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:19 am

iceforever.diamonds

Postby otto101 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:55 am

I use articles marketing.I use automatic software to submit my articles every week.
otto101

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:38 pm

Can - or should - blog posts, once they have been indexed by the search engines, be tweaked a bit and submitted to the article directories?

It seems kind of a waste of a perfectly good bit of writing :roll: :roll: :roll: to confine it to just a blog post when it could be out there on the internet working overtime! :D

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:16 am

Hi Sandi,

I do this sometimes with older archives - usually from the year before, but still relevant. They are indexed and established as originating from my domain, so I dont worry about duplicate content that way. Sometimes I'll shorten then, or expand on them, or update them... but yes - its a good strategy for "repurposing your content" ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby kerent » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:58 am

kerent

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:07 pm

No... where did you hear that from?

I also heard that 98% of statistics are made up on the spot ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Building Traffic

Postby earn » Tue May 13, 2008 5:38 am

The best ways to increase traffic is through having
proper html structure,
submit to search engines
Google: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
Yahoo: http://submit.search.yahoo.com/free/request
comment on related blogs
participate in valuable link exchanges
publish newsletter