[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Duplicate Content Issue • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Duplicate Content Issue

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Duplicate Content Issue

Postby laurie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi all,

We have different sites pointing back to our main site under the same web hosting plan. This way we just pay for the domain name, but not separate hosting.

We heard that the search engines may consider this duplicate content, since if you put in our main website url/mini site url, you get the same page up as if you just put in the mini site url by itself.

I hope I have not confused you all :? Anyone have any recommendations on this?

Thanks.
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:43 pm

Do you mean you have 3 domains pointing to the exact same website? Only one set of files, but various domain names?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby laurie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:52 pm

Lynn,

I have a separate set of files and a separate domain for each site, but they all point to the same main domain. That way, I only pay for one hosting plan, and just pay for the separate domain names.
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:56 pm

Sorry - I'm confused. Did you duplicate the same website 3 times so its the exact same content across 3 domains? Or did you just use domain pointing to point the other two domains to the one website?

I think either way you're going to have issues, but I am not 100% sure on the solution. A good place to ask this for a fast response is www.webmasterworld.com (SEO Section).
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby laurie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:57 pm

Sorry Lynn. I guess I have not explained this very well.

No, I don't have 3 sites with the same content.

I have my main site www.christianhomebusinessconnection.com

I have another site, www.teenentrepreneursbiz.com pointing to my main site under my hosting.

So if you type in www.teenentrepreneursbiz.com you will come to that site.
But if you type in http://www.christianhomebusinessconnect ... index.html you will come to the same site.

I was wondering if Google would see this as duplicate content.
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:04 pm

Yes. You need to do a 301 Redirect (permanent redirect) on the additional URLs so that each individual site can only be accessed by one URL (or address).
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby laurie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:59 am

laurie
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:22 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby laurie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:21 pm

laurie
Elite Member

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization