[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is Squidoo Dying? Google Rejects Squidoo Pages Due To Spam • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is Squidoo Dying? Google Rejects Squidoo Pages Due To Spam

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Is Squidoo Dying? Google Rejects Squidoo Pages Due To Spam

Postby braver55b » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:28 pm

For those of you who swear by squidoo, you need to read this article I came across.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/07/10/go ... e-to-spam/

I guess all good things must come to an end, people abused a good thing, squidoo didn't tighten the reins to control the black hat abuse and now it might be bye bye squidoo as an effective traffic generator.
braver55b

Postby glenda123 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:02 am

I don't think Squidoo is dying.

However, I do think they are going through GROWING PAINS.

The IM community has spammed this great resource for many, many months with JUNK pages. Eventually both Google and Squiddo had to clean house a little.
glenda123

Postby Daniel Cassidy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:01 pm

Will they ban you if you have too many accounts on the same IP address? I think I read that somewhere.
Daniel Cassidy

Postby Mila Sidman » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:02 am

Mila Sidman
Elite Member

Postby marketraisecorp » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:09 am

More over hacking of IDs and passwords in squidoo has been on a rise.I opened a account thrice with three different user names.They weren't opened simultaneously but due to the fact that every time i opened an account and tried logging in i found my id hacked and my password was incorrect.
marketraisecorp

Postby Layla » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:12 am

Squidoo is definately not dead ... just 'growing pains" as glenda put it. The spam was getting out of hand and it needed to be cleaned up.

Daniel, they shouldn't be banning anyone for having multiple accounts, as this is allowed. But they have been banning spammers.
Layla

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:49 pm

One of the keys to NOT getting in trouble is NOT to set up many accounts and just use Squidoo to market links for you.

The best way to stay in good graces is to only use one account...but provide many resources from that one page.

Squidoo will be just fine, like most growing sites...it's time to clean house.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby directartwork » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:46 pm

A few months ago a friend of mine was getting 25% of her traffic from Squidoo. My understanding is google penalized squidoo and it is now only 10% of her traffic.

I guess I got in a little late also, but my lense produces ok traffic and is pulling up well in the search engines.
directartwork

Postby cooluks » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:53 am

I think Squidoo will not die... Why it is one of the biggest social bookmarking site ever.. Many joined there...
cooluks

Postby redspace » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:55 am

hope it wouldn't die that soon. like to use it someday when have the time to play with it.
redspace

Postby kristinecfp » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:50 am

My traffic from Squidoo definitely took a hit when they got slapped by Google, but it's back to normal now.

I don't think Squidoo is dying, just had some growing pains...
kristinecfp

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization