[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What does this mean? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What does this mean?

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby karthik26_89 » Sun May 27, 2007 7:52 am

Lynn,
I said i re-published my article with a different heading right."earn extra money:earn money instantly" is the name.It was requested 9 times since yesterday.When i searched,earn extra money,my article was not shown.Then when i searched,earn money instantly,my article was placed 3rd.Seeing this i once again checked the keyword with overture tool.It says that 1073 people search the word every month.Now im very happy.I think by this end of the week,if there is more requests,then my article will go second.So atleast 600 out of 1000 will read my article right?And out of 600 atleast 300 will visit my blog right?
Im happy now..
karthik26_89

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun May 27, 2007 7:04 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karthik26_89 » Sun May 27, 2007 7:22 pm

karthik26_89

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 29, 2007 7:06 am

Ahh - the math is not a perfect science, but here is a good "guesstimate"...

WordTracker is saying 3,000/month and Overture is saying 1,000/month. That's quite a gap, but let's just assume the phrase gets around 2,000/month on average (the only way to know for sure is to run a pay-per-click campaign on Adwords, by the way - but this will only tell you traffic numbers for Google and their associated engines).

It has been said that the top 3 results in any search share 50% of the click-throughs. I dont know the source of this information, or how accurate it is, for the record. But using that calculation, we can assume that the top 3 results will share 1000 clicks in a months time (half of the 2000 searches/month).

I would guess that the top result gets more than an equal third of these clicks, but for the sake of calculation, we can assume each of the top 3 results will get ~333 click through's per month for that phrase.

A #3 result could easily get more click-through's with a good title and meta description, if it was more appealing to searchers than the listing in the 1 or 2 spot... so there are a lot of variables at play here.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karthik26_89 » Tue May 29, 2007 7:43 am

Oh then say if i get 333 clicks on my article.But how many will come to my blog which is linked there in the article twice..Once in the middle and once in the author's bio.Will i get some 100 clicks??Anyway im happy with it.I hope to write more articles and get more traffic.Thanks Lynn.You are of great help.
karthik26_89

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 29, 2007 7:48 pm

Its hard to say. Again, there are a lot of variables at play. How focused the article is on the keyword phrase the visitor originally searched, for example. And then how relevant your link is in context to the article. Etc.

As you can see, some strategy going into your Article Marketing can really pay off ;)

I like to choose a very specific phrase, and then write an article that answers the searchers question or gives them the information they are looking for. And you want to "pre-sell" them on the link you include by making it contextually relevant and on target (ie of specific interest).
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karthik26_89 » Tue May 29, 2007 10:10 pm

Thanks Lynn.Surely these are going to be useful for my next article.Every answer you are giving improves my confidence in writing articles and topping the google search.Thanks a lot.
karthik26_89

Previous

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization