[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Getting a page ranking for my website. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Getting a page ranking for my website.

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Getting a page ranking for my website.

Postby squire42 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:54 am

Hey folks, im pretty new to the whole website business industry and I am curious if anyone knows about SEO or getting a google page ranking? Whats the best way of going about it? Thanks for the help.
squire42

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:11 am

A good page rank is going to be determined by some good links to your site. If you can get any site with a higher page rank than yours to link to you without a reciprocal link, that is great. The more, the better.

Other than that, submit your site or blog to as many directories with high page ranks as you can. Sometimes it only takes a couple excellent links to your site to get you a really nice page rank. Getting a 3-4 is pretty easy. Getting higher than that, is very good.

You can check their PR's at http://pr.blogflux.com/
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby darin » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:26 pm

I agree with Oregon Coast Guy. Try to get listed in as many directories as you can and forget about reciprocal links. Many search engine are starting to view those as a way to cheat the system into better rankings.
darin

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:14 am

I noticed that you arent using Keyword Phrases in your title tags on each page, so thats something to do as well ("on the page optimization" is what it is called).

See: http://www.clicknewz.com/634/keyword-placement/

If you have any questions, let us know!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Marc Meole » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:45 am

Marc Meole

Postby gafort » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:25 am

gafort

Postby merjoem32 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:55 am

Thanks for the tips you posted here guys and gals. I am a newbie so these tips can really help me.
merjoem32

Postby globalkiwi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:45 pm

Most has been said here but can I make a suggestion without sounding critical?
I went to your website and there was 2 things that hit me which I feel will not help retention. It's ok to get traffic but you must keep it past the first 5 seconds.

First, I really had to look around to find what your site was about. It didnt JUMP out at me.
The other thing is the text is very hard to read. blue on black is not a good design feature and the fonts are very small. You can get away with small fonts on white background but never on black. My advice would be to change your colour scheme, make your fonts easier to read and move your 'what this site is about' statement to the top of the page and use a catchy statement.

Sorry if I sound harsh but I just know what works.
Wishing you every success.

Cheers ... Colin
globalkiwi

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:44 am

I agree with what has been said above. A site with a black background is not "inviting." You want your visitors to feel comfortable exploring your site and black doesn't do that for most people.

Your site appears to be aimed at people with a bit of money to spend and/or invest. That is usually "older" folks. :? Nearly everyone in their 40's and beyond needs glasses and reading small light colored font on a dark background is more trouble than it's worth. Nothing you can say is fascinating enough to make me squint and strain to read it. Sorry.

And don't worry about Page Rank. With a high Page Rank and $1.40 you can buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Page Rank does not spend money. Quality targeted visitors spend money. Work on getting them. If your Page Rank goes up in the process, your Page Rank goes up in the process. If not, oh well.

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby glenda123 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:53 am

I agree with what has already been said.

Although Page Rank is important it primarily serves as a major distraction to most marketers. I have several very low page rank sites that do quite well financially.

Focus on making sure that your message converts.
Think about how you will convert that visitor to a customer.

Lastly think about your conversion rate as senior to everything else you do. Many top sites have conversion rates of less than 1% and they do incredibly well.
glenda123

Postby craigandrews » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:46 am

I agree with everyone. I would also suggest you to increase the traffic to your site, try the link submission, it normally works well.

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization