[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - OFF TOPIC ... What is it about kids... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

OFF TOPIC ... What is it about kids...

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

OFF TOPIC ... What is it about kids...

Postby KathyR » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:58 am

...that makes you want to wrap them up in cotton wool?!

My wee one broke her collarbone yesterday (ouch). How?? Well only a child can break a bone the way my one did!! Quite ingenious really!

Picture the scene ... a glorious Saturday morning, sunny but fairly crisp. Little angel playing in bedroom, toys littered every available carpet space, mum and step-dad downstairs enjoying a cup of coffee.

The little person sees a moth on her ceiling. Hey, that would be good to play with. Now lets see, how can I get that moth. Little person's mind now working overtime, figuring out ways to get the poor moth. That poor little moth that is on the ceiling, minding his own business, totally oblivious to what's coming next. Maybe, if I emptied out these toys from this plastic tub, I could use the tub. Mmmm, not quite high enough. I've got it! Boy, am I clever. Right, now let's figure this out properly like any 6-year-old would. The tub could be balanced on a couple of my pillows, on my bed, then I could clamber up and hey presto that moth is mine!

Except life doesn't always work out how a 6-year-old would like it, does it? One almighty crash, lots of tears, a visit to the Accident & Emergency Dept and a broken collarbone later, and that &%!@ moth is still totally oblivious to it all!!

Must have been the moth's lucky day ... well maybe not. On returning home, mummy decided to get the moth!! He had a very rude awakening by being thrown out of the window. Don't worry, he woke up in time to fly off before he got to the ground!

So what did I learn yesterday??

1. No matter how difficult the problem, a child will always find a solution. May not be quite the solution you or I would come up with but, hey, it's logic in their eyes.

2. Never leave a moth and a 6-year-old in the same room together alone.

3. I don't like moths!!

Hope you lot are all having a great weekend.

Regards,
Kathy
KathyR

Postby americanwahm » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:50 am

LOL! What a determined child! :)

:) Kelly
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby KathyR » Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:19 am

Afraid to say she takes after me with that trait :lol:

Kathy
KathyR

Postby Tom Fosson » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:22 am

Tom Fosson

Postby KathyR » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:45 am

KathyR

Postby Tom Fosson » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:26 pm

Tom Fosson

Postby KathyR » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:51 pm

KathyR

Postby Michelle Steiner » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:43 pm

Michelle Steiner

Postby KathyR » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:30 am

KathyR

Postby Michelle Steiner » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:53 pm

Michelle Steiner

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:06 pm

Ohhh Kathy :cry: Sorry to hear about your baby girl getting hurt!

Interesting discussion, though, as I think the same things often. As a child, my sister and I would leave in the morning and not come home until dark (in the summertime, close to 9pm). We would play in the woods, explore, play with the neighbors, etc...

I dont let my 7-year-old daughter out of the yard, and dont care much for her playing outside without adult supervision... definitely sad, and a sign of the times.

- Sending Get Well Soon! wishes her way ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby KathyR » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:14 am

KathyR

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion