This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Rats!!!

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Rats!!!

Postby WAHumor » Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:03 am

I missed you on Mary's show, Lynn!!

I saw the post too late :cry:

Do it again so I can call in, OK?

Lessee...I've got today at 3:26pm open...

P. S. When's she interviewing me? I've noticed her ratings slipping, Arbitron can be so cruel...
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:17 am

LOL Dan ~ You'll have to mark it on your calendar: Thursdays 11am-1pm PST :D

You *can* listen in the archived segments 24/7 though ;)

Click here:
http://easylink.playstream.com/worldtal ... 30424a.wax

and then Mary had Becky Hagel and I back on at the top of the second hour too:
http://easylink.playstream.com/worldtal ... 30424d.wax

It was definitely an interesting topic... Becky and Mary started the show out on the topic of Money and their philosophy on Wealth Creation... to which I just had to call in and give my two cents...

They didnt agree with my point of view - what's your take??
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby The Great Gordino » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:44 pm

I'll take the middle ground.
Yes, if you follow your passion, and do it well, the money will come, but to start with, that wont put food on the tables.

I have done lots of dirty factory work in my time, and it's abalancing act between giving yourself the freedom to progress and earning money at the same time.....
G
The Great Gordino

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:15 pm

Oh I agree with you 100% Gordon! Like I said on the air, I believe you have to put your ALL into what you feel you should be doing with your life... and I personally believe that putting your ALL into anything is what creates wealth in your life (wealth in all areas, not just in your pocketbook).

I just dont agree that Money should be the focus... or the goal. I dont think you can "create Money" in your life... I do think that money is one of the byproducts of having the right focus though ;)

Obviously I've had to "work" to put food on the table (I'm a single mom with two kids!). And I've done things on blind faith before... like quitting my job and starting my first business (now there's a story of faith for ya!)... I am the first one to tell a person that it takes hard work and a fat time investment - and a side job even, if that's what it takes (though fortunately I havent had to do that)!

I also believe that a person's first thought on their potential and their original business plan may not always be the "right one" for them. Time, experience and self-searching will tell us what we are to become... and from there - its up to us to bring our lives to their full potential! ...and wealth will follow... wealth in all things.

You'll often hear me say: "Success - as defined by happiness... not money"

Not to say that financial independence and zero financial stress arent huge perks!! They just arent my focus ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:44 pm

You're both right there!

Focus is the key to defining and achieving your vision. Go all out and do what you must to survive in the meantime.

What you are doing to eat and pay bills right now is inconsequential - it can't impact your vision because it's not part of the the long-term plan.

Your vision is your driving force and your will is its fuel.

Everyone here knows I'm hardly ever serious (spoils too much fun) and when I am, it's not for long. However, should anyone feel I'm not serious about WAHumor and my vision for it...they need only look at the bottom of this forum's index.

Is that what you meant by "Everybody starts at the bottom", Lynn?

Forward is the *only* way to go.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Well, well what a topic!

Postby Mary Goulet » Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:33 pm

What a great topic and Lynn I appreciate your input.

I agree that we were coming at it from opposite places
and we met in the middle.

Hey Dan- Listen to Lynn, Becky (and ME!) on the archives.
Both ladies have been on before and contributed several times
on the air.

So what is your topic, Dan? Let's chat about it...

Mary
P.S. Gordon, our U.K. chap has an excellent archive as well.
Mary Goulet

Postby WAHumor » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:30 pm

Why, WAHumor...naturally!!

That includes more than it may seem - there's bonding, stress relief, self-esteem issues ( you mean someone *else* did something like that?!?)

And, of course, the biggest joint venture project in the history of the Internet...Case Study: WAHumor

Let's kick it around some!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion