[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Achieving a successful launch • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Achieving a successful launch

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Achieving a successful launch

Postby WAHumor » Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:16 am

OOOOOOOK...

Some of you, I'm sure, are aware of the official UNlaunch of WAHumor.com on August 2.

Unforeseen circumstances, life, etc.

Whatever.

No matter...'cuz it's still gonna happen!

I've decided to back it off 'til after Labor Day, date TBA. (Oops...sorry, TBA...you know what I mean...)

Now I'm asking for everyone's help... you lurkers, too!...to achieve the most successful launch possible.

C'mon, family...I'm counting on your help!!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Re: Achieving a successful launch

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:39 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:23 pm

I'm looking for help in such areas as:

The best (and perhaps most overlooked) ways to promote the site

I currently post articles everywhere I can find, have a syndicated spot on a major site, post frequently to forums...?

Any cartoonists working with the same theme

One found me, and I plan to develop my own, but I would like to establish a variety of resources in this area.

SEO for the site or per page?

For those who have seen what's up so far, there's a variety of content, although related. Should keywords be identified for each separate page?

As for plans for the launch and specific goals - I don't know for sure right now...
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:36 pm

My specific goals for the "new" launch include:

1. provide income from affiliate programs within the first month that will be sufficient to cover all current related expenses and realize a small profit.

2. increase subscriber level by at least 50%.

3. establish a core resource of regular contributors for cartoons and selected features.

4. expand promotional efforts to increase awareness, including a major contest.

Plans to achieve these goals will be designed and enacted from the input gathered here and at Mike's forum.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion