[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hello, and new to forum. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hello, and new to forum.

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Hello, and new to forum.

Postby Shelby Isham » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:53 pm

Shelby Isham

Re: Hello, and new to forum.

Postby flensborg » Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:10 pm

flensborg

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:00 pm

Hello Shelby & Welcome to the forum! Glad you've 'officially' joined us :D

Please do go ahead and share your thoughts and questions here - you'll find everyone to be very supportive & open to brainstorming with you as you grow your business!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby The Great Gordino » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:31 am

Hi Shelby,
good to see you here, I'm sure you'll benefit greatly, I know I have!
Gordon
The Great Gordino

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:51 am

Oooops.

Postby Shelby Isham » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:55 am

Shelby Isham

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:03 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

The more the merrier

Postby flensborg » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:45 am

flensborg

More Info.. Here it comes

Postby Shelby Isham » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:07 pm

O.k., here's a little more background;

First, though, let me be sure I convey something. I'm all for giving away free information. For example, one of my back-end products is interior items. If you don't purchase an airplane from me, you can still get the same items that I make and use. All you have to do is go to my web site and decide which options you want, colors, materials etc. What you'll get from me is not only the custom-made item that you want, but free installation instructions on-line. I keep the links private, so I can email it to the people who purchase from me and they'll have all the details they need to know to install it, photos included. There's not very many items that need it, but that's my way of providing support for the ones that do.

Now here's an example of what I want to do along the certification lines. This just happened last week:

We're doing some interior refurbish work for a customer in New York. He's a fairly small operator like myself. He asked me about helping with a new headliner for a plane he just got in from Africa. The conversation went from that to the U.S. certification of this same airplane. He said that he had just started the process, but there was a problem. Apparently, the airplane left the factory and went directly to Africa. I asked him, did he have document so-&-so, and he said yes. I then asked him did he have another document such-&-such and he said yes. I then told him that he didn't have a problem. He then asked me about coming up to New York to certify it.

Now this is where it all comes together: Suppose someone in another part of the country had the same situation. Why couldn't they go to my web site and get their questions answered right there? I could see how that someone in another part of the country, using another desginee (just like me) would be able to benefit from what info that I could provide, thus saving them time, money, problems, etc. There should be a way to have info there that says if you're importing an airplane, you need this, this, this, and this (all given in explicit detail). Granted that most of this information is available on the internet via the government's web sites, but that's just my point. Have you ever tried to get anything from a government web site not knowing exactly where it was and even if you found it, understanding the terminology ?? What about other problems, hold-ups, loop-holes, etc. ? Who's going to tell you all about that ?

There's bound to be a way that I can provide this type of consulting service over the internet to people who are willing to pay for solid, accurate, information that allows them to do want they need to do quickly and efficiently. Actual certifications performed by me would have to be done in person, so there's no way I can certify anything by mail or internet, but I can provide information all day long and use my credentials as an airworthiness representative to insure visitors that I know exactly what I'm doing.

What do you all think so far ?

Thanks again,

Shelby.
Shelby Isham

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:27 pm

Can you give us a link to your site, Shelby?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Here 'tis !

Postby Shelby Isham » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:47 pm

http://www.tnwings.com

Since you let me know this is o.k., I tried to get it on my signature here on the forums, but I'm on my old "junk" computer at the office and it doesn't want to take it very well. That's why I showed up earlier on this thread as "guest". It was so long going from one page to the other, I forgot to log in. :oops:

That's one of my goals for this fall, is to upgrade my office computer. My best machine is at home because I do most of my web site and internet work there. About the most I do on this maching during the day is email because I'm usually on the shop floor working most all day.

Thanks again,

Shelby.
Shelby Isham

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion