This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What Book Has Influenced You The Most?

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

What Book Has Influenced You The Most?

Postby michaelh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:31 am

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum and I recently picked up 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill, free through sswt.
I don't know about you but I have found Napoleon's writings fascinating so far. His deep knowledge and insight must have been revolutionary at the time of publication.
His teaching of the necessity to know what it is you want to the point of obsession, and the drive and purpose to see it through, are just what a network marketing entrepreneur must have, to have any success at all.
His exact phrase is
there is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is DEFINITENESS OF PURPOSE, the knowledge of what one wants, and a BURNING DESIRE to possess it
These are the base building blocks to success and wealth which we all must possess.
So, please tell me which books have influenced you the most, I desire to have me a collection! :D
michaelh

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 am

A book written by my friend and national business speaker, Richard Fenton, called, "Go For No."

This book changed many aspects of my life.

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Welcome to the SSWT community. Great topic, I think we all have something that inspires us and really wakes us up to say "hey, I can do this!" It will be interesting to see what books get mentioned.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Re: What Book Has Influenced You The Most?

Postby lisamariemary » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:07 pm

michaelh wrote: the necessity to know what it is you want to the point of obsession

I really liked this phrase of yours! :D

Hello Michael - welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here! :)

One book that has had an incredible amount of influence on me, I felt as though the author were in the book, speaking directly to me, was Second Sight by Dr. Judith Orloff That book was amazing!

The other book that has had a big impact on my life, along with some of the author's other books, is The Man Who Listens To Horses - The Story of a Real Life Horse Whisperer by Monty Roberts (kinda bugs me they put 'horse whisperer' in the subtitle, as I'm sure it does him - because he can't stand that term!!! he prefers horse gentler....or more specifically, that he 'joins up' with horses)

Monty is an incredible man with an incredible story and he's used all that he's learned to benefit ENORMOUS amounts of people and animals alike!

He has three bio-kids, and he and his wife raised 47 at risk orphans.

He obviously helps horses and those who love him.

He helps corporations.

I could go on and on and on.....

And yes, I've seen his exhibitions twice. Would LOVE to see him again before he retires - though I don't see that happening any time soon. He just turned 74 a few wks. ago and is strong, healthy and as active as ever with his tour schedule, etc

Ok, ok, I'm a 'Monty groupie' - I admit it. I'll shut up now.

But seriously - read him. He has a lot to share. :wink:
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:45 pm

"Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kyosaki(probably spelled wrong)
"Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Jack Canfield
to name just two.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby KarenMcG » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:52 pm

Welcome to SSWT, Michaelh

Karen
KarenMcG
Elite Member

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion