[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Warm Greeting All... Tommy here - New Member • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Warm Greeting All... Tommy here - New Member

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Warm Greeting All... Tommy here - New Member

Postby TommyB » Tue May 12, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I just signed up today and really enjoyed Lynn's webinar part2 AFF Mrktg.

Have spent some time reading through some of the post here getting to know some of you, thanks for your willingness to share so much with everyone. I think I'm in a good place with a bunch of good people :D

Outside the phone booth I am a mild mannered mortgage loan officer trying to survive the current economy. Inside the phone booth I am an internet/affiliate marketing "wanna-be" ... [:o)

The hard part for me is being honest with the fact that I have been studying Internet & Affiliate marketing for about a year now and have yet made that step forward to make things work for me.

I have affiliate links to IM products/programs that I am confident would make a great ROI but I think I was bitten by that "Newbie-fear-of action" bug early on. I love learning but find myself freezing up at the thought of moving forward.

My past is full of people telling me I "cant do something" or "that will never work"... so perhaps the confidence is lacking to believe I can really do this... but I feel so close that if I can make that first AFF sale and see some $$$ in my PayPal or get a check from CB... I think you know what I mean !!

It feels odd to open myself up like this but at the same time I don't think I am the only person that struggles in this way and I hope some of your replies will be beneficial to many others here that may be dealing with the same struggles I am.

As I read through some of your posts & replies I feel a connection with the kind spirit in which you shared. With that said I would sincerely like to be a longtime fixture here at SSWT and will jump at the chance to upgrade to Elite as soon as it opens. It would be my greatest pleasure to have my breakthrough moment soon and be able to share in our successes together.

As a member of SSWT I am willing to share and add what ever I can to help others. As it may be a constant battle to be self inspired to "not give up" I encourage any one else that may relate to me ... and if you can, don't give up just 3 inches, 3 feet or even 3 days before touching success, you will reach it soon. Remember you are not a failure, you just have not arrived yet as success is waiting for us all!!

Warm Regards
Tommy Brant
TommyB

Postby tknoppe » Wed May 13, 2009 7:31 am

tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Wed May 13, 2009 11:52 am

Hi Tommy! Welcome to the SSWT forum. Looking forward to seeing you in the Elite group when it opens.

Glad you opened up and please know you're not alone. You'll have that breakthrough, no worries.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:37 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby TommyB » Wed May 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Thank you all for your warm welcome and encouragement. Looking forward to getting to know you all better :D
TommyB

Postby nar321 » Wed May 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Warm welcome Tommy
nar321
Elite Member

Postby KarenMcG » Wed May 13, 2009 7:14 pm

Hi Tommy (waves :) )

I'm very glad to meet you.

What a great hello from you.

To echo what some of the others have said, you're not alone when it comes to procrastination...or a bit of fear to put yourself out there. And it's understandable from the way it sounds from what seems like lack of encouragement from those around you...or encouragement of the wrong kind.

Well, you'll find you're going to get so much encouragement here you'll be crossing off all those things you've really wanted to do on your to do list in no time.

Karen
KarenMcG
Elite Member

welcome

Postby createyourdream » Thu May 14, 2009 12:30 am

Hi, Tommy,

So 'with' you on all that you shared. I'm in the process of acting on a few years of "getting ready to get ready". It's been because of this Self-starters group that I've been able to take steps forward, at my own pace, (which is a little slower than most) and in a way that "sticks".

Looking forward to seeing your path light up as you take action in the ways you want your business to grow. Enjoy the process, it can be lots of fun here.

best,
Mary
createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Thu May 14, 2009 8:18 am

Tommy - SO glad to have you here!! You sound like a really great guy and I'm so glad you decided to go ahead and open up to us. That was really awesome. Most of us, I think, go through all of that stuff. I know I do - I'll have a period of feeling 'on top of things, I finally *got* this gig' and then right back to all the 'omg, what am I doing? who am I kidding? I don't know any of this - I can't do any of this'

I'm about to rush out the door to my other stupid rotten job (cleaning houses) so I don't have a lot of time - even though your post made me THINK of a lot of things!!

So I'll just leave you with this. One of our members here, Ben Settle, has a wonderful story - HIS story - on his blog. I think you will really enjoy reading it: http://bensettle.com/blog/private-details-about/

Don't let the other crabs keep you in the box!!!!! :D
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby TommyB » Wed May 20, 2009 4:27 pm

TommyB

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion