[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Hosting Companies: Are You Happy With Yours? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Hosting Companies: Are You Happy With Yours?

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Hosting Companies: Are You Happy With Yours?

Postby David Jackson » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 am

David Jackson

Postby tam2005 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:09 pm

I use hostgator.com

Excellent customer service! I love it when they get back to me within a couple of hours. Awesome. :)
tam2005

Postby David Jackson » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:47 pm

David Jackson

Postby lisaw » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:55 pm

lisaw
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:02 pm

My current sites are hosted with GoDaddy and HostGator. I always keep two hosting accounts because I don't like all my eggs in one basket -lol-

I only host static html and basic sites in my GoDaddy acct, because they just plain stink for anything else. I learned that the hard way when trying to setup some fun CMS scripts one time. Which is what led me to HostGator, where the majority of my sites are hosted now.

In terms of customer service Host Gator is much faster to reply and their staff seems much more knowledgeable. I even had a discussion with a HostGator rep recently on Twitter! I mentioned that I was having a problem and I submitted a ticket, he pulled my ticket and looked into the problem for me and we twittered back and forth a bit as well.

GoDaddy's customer service on my domain names is great, they even call and remind you when it's time to renew so you don't lose your domain. In terms of problems and trouble tickets they were a bit slow and not so knowledgeable in the past, and not helpful at all when I was trying to install things. They basically made me feel like I was just doing it wrong and it couldn't possibly be a problem on their end....

In the past I've also hosted with Dreamhost and Bluehost and experienced huge amounts of downtime with both of them and didn't stay a customer for very long.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:10 am

I love HostGator, and use them and Surpass Hosting.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:27 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby Kathymcbain » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:21 am

Kathymcbain

Postby Publisher-For-You » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:45 am

It's always dangerous to suggest any host, but...

After trying many hosts, I've settled down happily with http://Servint.com Very reliable, and good solid support. One of the oldest hosts on the Net.

I have a virtual private server (VPS), which is a compromise between a full server and a regular hosting account. It's $50/mo, so not for everybody perhaps. I do lots of coding, and run lots and lots of my own scripts, no problems.
Publisher-For-You

Postby Mitch » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:57 pm

Mitch

Return to Introductions & General eBiz Discussion